JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The right to bare arms vs the right to privacy. in both cases, the argument is, if the government over steps and ignores an individual's right to in this case own firearms or the right to do as they wish to their body the individual will seek illegal alternatives. Back alley deals.

Since both groups tend to agree that this would be a likely outcome and have virtually the same argument against government over reach, why are we so far apart and why now? One was resolved over 200 years ago and the other nearly 50.

Yes, this is a 4am ramble but today in Hillsboro there is a meeting where the Democrats are speaking on their openess to common sense gun ownership with a few high position individual attending. I would love to ask what common sense limits they would put on the 14th ammendment.

I absolutely cannot attend due to staffing at work and I don't know if you have to be a democrat to get in but if just an FYI, to anyone in the area either up for a laugh or want to hear what they have to say. 10-11:30 @ Masonic Lodge.

This is typical of both parties; they have a position on this or that right, but the exact opposite on a very similar right. Go to the GOP and make the same argument about the 14th Amendment.

2TQB523.jpg

ProChoiceOnList.png

I don't think they're far apart at all, both issues are important to me. But then I am pro liberty, I don't take sides with Democrat or Republican or whatever label people attach to their tribe.

The last time I voted for somebody was in 1996. Since then I have voted against the lying, thieving, usurping weasel I despise enough to vote for the other guy. Invariably, I despise the Dems with every cell in body and fiber of my being so I vote (R). It's not a vote for the Stupid Party - it's vote against the Evil Party.

I have come to believe that there is no longer a Rep or Dem party, only One Group bent on the destruction of our republic!

Unfortunately I'm afraid it something less than that. It seems more likely that it's, just cuz. It really doesn't seem to be bigger than a $5 bet that neither side is willing to lose.

I go more for the personality of the individual of any party and see how much of a normal person they can be to relate with as opposed to simply picking Red or Blue cuz teams. Then I check what issues they plan to address and the biggest being HOW they plan to fix/correct or go about enacting said features. Then I compare to current events and political climates, economics, social norms etc. Basically like weighing pros and cons for a new gun before I purchase one.

Whats sad is just last night me and some friends were discussing matters and current events, anyways, it gets on to the subject of basically our generation (millennial) are too fickle to do things needed to get stuff done in the political spectrum other than take to the keyboard and hope someone else will leap before us. Upcoming with Gen Z will be the ones to replace us, millennial, for future changes since they seem to present more vigor.

Basically millennial were groomed to be sloth while Z was made to be a replacement with more pep in their steps.

As far as both the 2nd and 14th go. I don't think much of the average person really questions it unless they have a lifestyle or hobby that reflects interest in one of the two or both. Being everyone has wifi/cellphones/smart devices and more electronic equipment which requires information to consecutively use I don't think has much a bearing on the daily joe about whats being intruded upon. Sad but really what can you do when things are stacked against you?
Voting helps, sure, but for how long and how effectively?. You could take to the streets for action but what if that violates another law or the 14th for someone else?

So many variables. Ending thought on mind...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top