JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try this:

or...

Bruce

I will try the trigger forward again but if that is not it then it looks like an engineering fail to me. I normally keep my firearms pretty clean but maybe not this one if I have to take the action and barrel out of the stock anytime to clean it.

I had seen the first video before but am still using "the ignoring behavior " on it.

sear.jpg

Looks like a trigger push is the intention.

Bruce

Last Edited:
Much thanks bcp. I am now an official member of the loyal order of the U9 bolt club.

As it turns out, you apply "forward pressure" on the trigger then slide the bolt back and the bolt will come out. If you wait to apply the forward pressure until after the bolt is more than half way out then the bolt is retained and does not come out.

What was confusing was the word "push" as in "push the trigger forward" that was used by bcp and that I saw mentioned one or two other places in the Internet. Looking at the trigger itself, it does not move forward, hence the confusion. However, with forward pressure applied and the bolt just being removed you can see at the leading edge of the bolt shelf (???). When you then release the forward pressure you will see an internal part actually move back into place and I guess this is what normally obstructs the bolt from removal.

Question for bcp - what did you see in the Numrich diagram that led you to the conclusion that forward motion of some sort was the proper method? Was it the curve on the sear?

At any rate, thanks again to bcp. This issue can now be considered solved and no one should have to resort to removing the complete action and barrel from the frame as suggested in the one YouTube video.

this case is solve-ed.jpg

Last Edited:
I saw that the sear was used as the bolt stop, and the trigger is what moves the sear. I've used other rifles that used the same system.

Bruce

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads