JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Rainier
State
Oregon
Looking for 257 Robert's reloading dies and brass

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Hope you have good luck with your search. I ended up with the other problem. A friend gave me a pile of 257 Roberts brass and loaded ammo so I ended up having to find a gun lol.

I have been having a hard time finding 257 roberts brass so I have been using 6mm remington with a one time pass through the 257 die.

The dies are available on line.

I too had a very hard time finding 257 Roberts brass (other than Nosler and I didn't really want to pay that much for brass - I think it was $130/50 rounds) so I converted 7mm Mauser brass to 257 Roberts by running them through the Roberts die. If necking up from 6mm you may thin the brass slightly. If you neckdown from 7mm Mauser, you may need to trim for length and/or neck turn (do a few and verify they still feed alright into your chamber).

I've also read on forums that 30-06 brass can be converted fairly easily too. This is an old thread with some recent activity that has a few 6mm, a few 7x57 and lots of 30-06 brass for sale: https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/brass-for-sale-9mm-40cal-223-and-more.381108/
You could reach out and see what's available if you want to try that route.

Last Edited:
Going from .244 to .257 is
013. That is pretty minimal
I take 308 and neck it up to 358 all the time with few issues for my whelen.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.