JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Silver Creek -Vancouver
State
Washington
Looking for 250 savage dies and brass, Anyone have some laying around?

I've got Dies in the following for trade that I'll give excellent trade value on as I don't need them! I'll also buy.
30-06
222 mag
300 Win mag
38 super
Let me know what you have and what you want for it.....

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I'm pretty tight with my .250 Savage brass (8 rifles to feed), but if you get extremely desperate, get in touch. Also do so if you need load recommendations. Curious as to the rifle you are loading for.🤔

Last Edited:
Hopefully a Savage 99......it's not in my possession yet!

I have dies for 250 AI for a future rebarrel, but don't think I aught to touch the 99
Don't try to hot-rod a 99 (either by "Improving" the chamber or loading warm). The action is plenty strong, but case stretching may become an issue.

Save your Ackley idea for a bolt gun, and the .250 Ackley was one of the best improvements he ever did.

Regardless of how you came to find interest in the .250-3000, you have managed to find one of the very best cartridges on the planet.

I have a Remington 600 that needs a new barrel, I settled on the 250 AI as the 600 is a extra short short action, and i wanted a little more than 243.....that's what brought me to it! I passed on a 99 awhile back and was kicking myself for not grabbing it.

I have a Remington 600 that needs a new barrel, I settled on the 250 AI as the 600 is a extra short short action, and i wanted a little more than 243.....that's what brought me to it! I passed on a 99 awhile back and was kicking myself for not grabbing it.
Perfect candidate! I have access to a reamer in .250 AI. A buddy wanted me to convert a Rem 722 and offered it. Advise if you get to that point. NOT to divert your excellent decision, but have you looked at the .250 Souper? (.308 necked down or .243 up). That one intrigues me. or Souper AI! Roberts performance or better, with no cartridge-length concerns.

I started at the Souper, but action length and finding cheap 250 AI dies kinda pushed me into the 250. It's primarily a youth hunting rifle as well so I just felt it fit better. I'd like to play with the Souper someday though but I'd like to be able to seat heavier 25 bullets out a bit with a little faster twist barrel. The 257 barrel I picked up on sale is also a really light contour, not what I'd pick for anything other than the youth gun. Hopefully this spring/summer I'll get the barrel spun on it.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.