JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well come Monday 11/20 at 9am I go in for Cataract surgery and the second eye on 12/19 so there will be no shooting for a while o well if I an see better after it is over it will be worth it.Took over thirty years from the onset to now if I get another thirty years that I can see good again I will be an old fart :) so wish me luck and put in a god word with the Big Man to watch over the DOC'S hands for me sure will be good to see right. Tom T

Good luck! Dont count on too much. I thought getting mine done would get my golf game back on track... not so much. I can find my balls easier now though:D

Be ready for pleasurable surprises.

My own about 5 years ago was only partially successful.... target groups are far far better but the dern surgery didn't make me any faster.....:p

I have had many eye surgeries and they have discussed cataracts. The retinoligist says we all get there with age. The synthetic lenses they install will never get blurry. He says my problem with glare and headlights coming toward me on a 2 lane road are from cataracts. They will do mine whenever I want.....maby next year. Shooting trap the other day, I would loose the bird when it flew into the grey cloud cover background. I had to watch for how it landed to tell if I hit it. Still shot 20. I guess the old muscle memory (and my 1938 Schuler trap gun) thing works. Good luck with your procedure, keep us informed.

Last Edited:
I had no idea there were so many blind melons around here! I've enjoyed 20/15 vision for a looooong time but alas.... I'm now using cheaters for anything closer than 12" from my face, my right eye is now 20/20 and my left eye has changed to 20/25....

Thank GAWD I'm right eye dominate!

ACCURSED AGING PROCESS!!! :s0118:

My 84yo FIL just had cataract surgery on both eyes this past summer. He's still commenting on how much clearer and brighter things are. I hope your surgery goes well and you enjoy your refreshed vision!!

I was all excited about getting laser eye surgery. But when the doctor said that laser beams won't be coming out of my eyes I said forget it then.

I was all excited about getting laser eye surgery. But when the doctor said that laser beams won't be coming out of my eyes I said forget it then.

I will talk to my wife,, because when i pizz her off, i swear laser beams come out of her eyeholes and light everything on fire in there path,as i scramble for cover., then i gotta run around the living room with a wet towels putting all the fires out. I am not sure where she got her's done, but if i find out i will definately share.

I will talk to my wife,, because when i pizz her off, i swear laser beams come out of her eyeholes and light everything on fire in there path,as i scramble for cover., then i gotta run around the living room with a wet towels putting all the fires out. I am not sure where she got her's done, but if i find out i will definately share.
The best reply yet............

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR