Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.22lr from sears

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by oldironsides, Dec 4, 2010.

1. oldironsides

oldironsides Lakewood WA Member

I have a .22lr from sears, loads similar to a lever action, bullets load from far end and then a rod holds them in there with a spring. the sling on it is red and retracts like a cars seat belt. I can not get the action to lock back, so I have never tried to fire it, it was my grandfathers, I dont know how old it is, but not sure when sears stopped selling guns, I will pull it out of the safe tomorrow to check for a date and to upload a picture. $100

2. Dake

Dake Oak Harbor, WA New Member

Very interested, looking forward to the pictures.

3. andy*

andy* Everson Wa Member

A couple of years ago I sold a mid to late 50's era Winchester 94 carbine with a sling as you described. Maybe your rifle is from the same time frame?
    Andy

4. oldironsides

so i pulled the rifle out of the safe, the action definately does not lock back, so I put rounds in it to see if thats what it needs, probably not the safest thing, still didnt lock back but chamber all the rounnds well.

5. Capn Jack

Capn Jack Wet-Stern Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Kind of looks like an old "J.C. Higgens" I used to own.:cool:

As I remember the action will lock-back, but it's kind of tricky....

I believe you have to lift up on the "Operating Handle" when you pull it back.

6. oldironsides

ahh yes, it says j.c. higgens, and then sears roebuck and co, but I spelled that wrong, just didnt want to go back to the safe. I hope it goes to a new home, I will probably never play with it.

7. no time

no time Roseburg area Active Member

Looks like a Hi Standard model 30. I'm not sure if the bolt is supposed to lock back. I'd give it a good cleaning and see if it shoots.

8. oldironsides

yup, just went back into the safe, it is a model 30, is it worth anything. I am really never going to play with it, looked through the scope, its real clean

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.