JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I have a .22lr from sears, loads similar to a lever action, bullets load from far end and then a rod holds them in there with a spring. the sling on it is red and retracts like a cars seat belt. I can not get the action to lock back, so I have never tried to fire it, it was my grandfathers, I dont know how old it is, but not sure when sears stopped selling guns, I will pull it out of the safe tomorrow to check for a date and to upload a picture. $100

A couple of years ago I sold a mid to late 50's era Winchester 94 carbine with a sling as you described. Maybe your rifle is from the same time frame?
Andy

so i pulled the rifle out of the safe, the action definately does not lock back, so I put rounds in it to see if thats what it needs, probably not the safest thing, still didnt lock back but chamber all the rounnds well.

Kind of looks like an old "J.C. Higgens" I used to own.:cool:

As I remember the action will lock-back, but it's kind of tricky....

I believe you have to lift up on the "Operating Handle" when you pull it back.

ahh yes, it says j.c. higgens, and then sears roebuck and co, but I spelled that wrong, just didnt want to go back to the safe. I hope it goes to a new home, I will probably never play with it.

yup, just went back into the safe, it is a model 30, is it worth anything. I am really never going to play with it, looked through the scope, its real clean

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.