JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$150
Manufacturer
Stevens
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Beaverton
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I've got an older Ranger 101.11(Basically a Stevens 87a, or Savage Model 6). I bought it on a whim as this was my favorite gun to shoot as a kid. I was thinking I would get the barrel threaded and suppress it as this has a unique ability to lock the bolt closed making it a "bolt action" single shot, or it can run semi-auto. I still think it would be an awesome suppressor platform but 22lr is hard enough to find and I am moving on to other projects. Would make a great plinker for someone though. More pics available upon request. Transfer will be done in Beaverton/Hillsboro. $150 + the BGC/ transfer fee.

Could be interested in trades, but cash is preferred.

20210314_204500.jpg 20210314_204445.jpg 20210314_204432.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Nice gun! I have a Savage A6. Not sure of your particular model but mine is marked for .22 long, .22 short, and .22lr. They sure don't make them like that anymore.....as a side note, I've heard that these have a tendency to go full auto after some wear. Haven't experienced it myself though....GLWS!

Nice gun! I have a Savage A6. Not sure of your particular model but mine is marked for .22 long, .22 short, and .22lr. They sure don't make them like that anymore.....as a side note, I've heard that these have a tendency to go full auto after some wear. Haven't experienced it myself though....GLWS!
This one is only marked for 22lr but I've fired shorts out of it. As for the "malfunctions", I haven't experienced it with this one but the jc higgins model I shot in my younger days would do it every once in awhile when it got dirty. Sage rats beware

Very cool! How do you lock the bolt?
The bolt knob has two positions. In it's outer position it functions like any other semi-auto. When in battery you can push the knob in and it locks into this hole that I have circled here.

20210314_204500.jpg

Any particular trade interest?
A 22mag lever gun is at the top of my list right now, but it's a really long list so feel free to shoot me an offer. I can always add cash on top if needed.

I had one of these rifles years ago. The barrel stated that you should only shoot "Greased" ammo and that was something I had never heard about.
I did some research and someone explained that greased ammo means that the lead bullet was the diameter of the inside of the shell casing and a thick waxy lube coats the bullet, unlike the newer .22lr ammo in which the lead bullet is as wide as the shell casing diameter and the lube is thinner.
I always wondered if that was true, since I've never run across a box of vintage ammo to check it out.

I had one of these rifles years ago. The barrel stated that you should only shoot "Greased" ammo and that was something I had never heard about.
I did some research and someone explained that greased ammo means that the lead bullet was the diameter of the inside of the shell casing and a thick waxy lube coats the bullet, unlike the newer .22lr ammo in which the lead bullet is as wide as the shell casing diameter and the lube is thinner.
I always wondered if that was true, since I've never run across a box of vintage ammo to check it out.
As with all 22lr guns I had to do a bit of experimenting to find one it liked. Might just be that it is decades old but the vintage 22lr I had didn't cycle well. Works great with the 36gr rounds I've tried though.

Adjusted the price. $150 + transfer fee.

I was just going through my truck and found a bluing kit I bought for this and some leftover 22lr rounds. I'll throw that in as well. FWIW, I just went out and bought another gun earlier this evening. BGC is sitting at around 2 weeks....

Gotta sell this before the other rifle arrives bump...

Last bump! Open to trades for cash, 40/10mm, 5.56 and reloading components for those or 6mm Creedmoor.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top