JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I typically reload only handgun, so please forgive my ignorance on this reloading question as it relates to rifle.

I am thinking of starting to reload .223 Rem since I get tons of brass from myself and others. I currently use a Hornady LnL AP Press (just an FYI there).

So... my question. If I wanted to process all my brass without going through the process of sorting it out by manufacture, can I "SWAGE" all of the brass, including the non-military brass? Will it hurt, destroy, or in any way make the non-military brass not usable?

Thanks !

-Val-

Thanks, thats what I needed to know.

Next question: Do I swage the primer pocket "always"?

Meaning, if I reload 100 rounds, fire those rounds, collect the brass from my reloaded rounds; do I have to Swage the pockets before "re" Reloading them?

Thanks,

-Val-

No Its a one time thing but you may want to look into a RCBS x-die it will make your cases last far longer and it will make it so you only have to trim the case neck once and then you are good to go from there. Also be careful of over swaging the cases do a few then seat a primer and get a feel for how much to trim out since cases usally will fail at the case neck or the primer pocket.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top