JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
For you reloading guys! I have a ton of components..they are all loaded cases..but should be pulled down and re-checked. the price is $150 per 1000. That's basically the price of prepped brass, but you get the powder, primers, and bullet! Thanks for looking

It's loaded ammo, but some bullets are backwards, some primers in backwards, powder charges are off a little. it's all been machine loaded just not correctly in some manner. It would be great for a reloader that wants to take the time. brass is mostly once fired so the HS are mixed. Mostly LC though. Bullets are mixed but mostly 55gr FMJ

It's loaded ammo, but some bullets are backwards, some primers in backwards, powder charges are off a little. it's all been machine loaded just not correctly in some manner. It would be great for a reloader that wants to take the time. brass is mostly once fired so the HS are mixed. Mostly LC though. Bullets are mixed but mostly 55gr FMJ

OMC reloads?

NO its not OMC reloads!! The primers won't blow out of these...LOL
It is a lot of work, but if you have the time it's worth it. Especially if 223 goes back up to 400 a thousand. well look at it this way..
.223 bullets per thousand- roughly 75 dollars
Primers if you can find them-roughly 25-30 dollars
Powder 10-15 dollars
Brass- 125-150 per thousand for prepped brass (not range brass)
The components alone are worth about 250...which these days are not easy to find.

NO its not OMC reloads!! The primers won't blow out of these...LOL
It is a lot of work, but if you have the time it's worth it. Especially if 223 goes back up to 400 a thousand. well look at it this way..
.223 bullets per thousand- roughly 75 dollars
Primers if you can find them-roughly 25-30 dollars
Powder 10-15 dollars
Brass- 125-150 per thousand for prepped brass (not range brass)
The components alone are worth about 250...which these days are not easy to find.

OK, I've been trying really hard to bite my lip. I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but reloads/reloading can be dangerous. I don't want one of our newer reloaders getting hurt, sorry.

You have bullets which have been seated and I hope crimped. If you pull them or knock them out they will stretch at the crimp and if reloaded can break in the barrel or in flight right at the point of the old crimp/stretch. Stretching weakens the lead and the copper, but mostly the lead. Even if they aren't crimped, they will still suffer from stress of seating and then pulling.

They will also need to be swaged to get them round and re-sized again too if someone chooses to use them.

You have primers which must be removed and that will ruin them. No responsible reloader will reload in used brass without "feeling" the primer go in to be sure the pocket is tightly holding the primer.

You have powder which can't be reused because you don't know what it is or if the proper amount was used.

What do you have left after all that dismantling work? Unknown mixed HS brass. That's it.

We have a supporting member here with great late date HS Lake City brass for $50 per thousand, so that would affect my opinion of your unknown brass. I'd rather swage those once-fired military primer pockets than punch out live primers or pull bullets.

For safety's sake, you have unknown brass which I wouldn't load and fire.

Am I banned yet?

Carry on. :s0155:

Way to go gunner! Tell it like it is. If we could get the leaders of our country to throw away political correctness like that we would be able to trust them again.

I see if you a supporting member its ok to thread crap on someone? Gunner its like you think the guy is trying to pull something fishy? He clearly states what it is, if you dont like it or the price move along...

I see if you a supporting member its ok to thread crap on someone? Gunner its like you think the guy is trying to pull something fishy? He clearly states what it is, if you dont like it or the price move along...

Maybe you're right. I found that hard to do. Question: Did you read his glowing post BEFORE he edited it and removed most of the claims about how it could work? AFTER I "thread crapped it?" Even now he's promising that "NO its not OMC reloads!! The primers won't blow out of these...LOL." How does he know that - about the primers?

I stuck my neck out for the safety of our younger new reloaders because of his initial claims. I may get into a lot of trouble here for that. I keep watching for the dreaded PM.

Cliff

Well if YOU wanted to relay your saftey concerns about reloding this type of ammo wouldent it be more constructive to start a thread in the reloading section? You seem to know your stuff so why not share in a manner thats constructive? Instead you choose to crap on the current thread.

Way to go gunner! Tell it like it is. If we could get the leaders of our country to throw away political correctness like that we would be able to trust them again.

No I dident see the edit sorry.

That's OK. If you had, I believe your response might have been more like therifleman's above. If he had posted only what's there now, I would have stayed out of it. I still suspect I'm in trouble for this, but I feel like I'm taking a bullet for any newer reloaders. And no, the tiny amount of support I gave won't influence the Admins. They can't be bought that cheap. :)

gunner...seriously?...Thanks for bubblegumting all over my thread. You've never pulled a bullet and reloaded it? When you make a mistake reloading you just throw the whole thing away? yeah...I didn't think so. I stated in my thread what I was selling and did not misrepresent it in anyway. Sorry I'm not a "supporting member" but I just started here and boooooyyyyyyy do I feel welcome!

I've pulled MY bullet and reloaded it.. but I knew what powder, primer, case and bullet was in it. At least now I know what bubblegumting means. It's calling someone on a very serious safety issue..I better not do that or I'll get one of those PM things.

gunner...seriously?...Thanks for bubblegumting all over my thread. You've never pulled a bullet and reloaded it? When you make a mistake reloading you just throw the whole thing away? yeah...I didn't think so. I stated in my thread what I was selling and did not misrepresent it in anyway. Sorry I'm not a "supporting member" but I just started here and boooooyyyyyyy do I feel welcome!

I made a BIG mistake not quoting your original, long ad with all the excited exclamation points before you removed all of the claims for what could and should be done.

Why did you edit the OP way down after I posted if you didn't also realize it was bubblegum?

I agree, now I look bad. I'll take the bullet when it comes.

To answer your questions, no I don't reuse pulled bullets in 223 (224,) not even mine. I might reuse thicker, heavier bullets if they weren't crimped too tightly (only after swaging them) but it's really easy to break a long thin 223 and not know it's broken or weakened inside. The brass in the case is a lot stronger than the copper and lead in the bullet and the case wins every time. There is a big difference in what happens to a bullet between pushing it from behind with expanding gases upon firing, and pulling it apart from the front or banging it out with a kinetic puller.

I stand by everything I said about your components having too many unknowns and no, I wouldn't reuse anything from them. It's too dangerous and I explained why - not for my benefit but to help protect our many newer reloaders.

Gunner, you're not wrong man.. That is just dangerous.. You don't look bad. Can you picture a new reloader with a new Rock Chucker getting this stuff thinking he was going to make $400 a thousand reloads out of it? Anybody should be able at any time call some one out on a serious safety issue like this. Nitetime

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.