JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember the old shooting galleries used Browning automatics and .22 Short, amazing that they can cycle the action. My folks had to be with me but I think I was seven or eight the first time. You had to be about this high. (Oh so you can't see my hand huh?) Anyway you had to be big enough to shoulder the weapon.

On the High Standard Trophy, the .22 short (only) slide will work with .22lr, but .22lr would beat the heck out of it (it's alloy) The .22lr slide will not reliably cycle with .22 shorts. and will not cycle at all with sub-sonic .22 shorts. The .22lr slide is steel, and quite a bit heavier than the .22 short only slide...then there are the magizines. The .22 short magazine will not load a .22lr round at all, but the .22lr mag will allow you to load .22shorts...but as stated above, it will not cycle well.

I agree. A bolt gun will probably function with both, semi-auto's would be pickier. I have a whole case of .22lr that shoot fine in my Marlin Model 80 (mag loaded bolt), that absolutely will not feed through the Trophy. Semi's can be a bit picky on their diet.

As mentioned several times already , with a rifle it seems that the tubular magazines for repeaters, bolt, slide, or Lever action is the practical choice for .22 Short. .22 Long, and .22 Long Rifle. That makes one wonder if the same would be true in a tubular fed .22 Magnum?

My little NAA has two cylinders, one for .22 Long Rifle and another for .22 Magnum, but that's a revolver and with a rifle everything would be enclosed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top