JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Ruger Mark III Target Master is such a sweet gun, dead freaking accurate and fun to shoot. Disassembling to clean takes some getting used to but once you've done it a few time it's not that bad.

Lately I have been thinking about S&W 617 .22lr.

SW-Main-Photo.jpg

Lately I have been thinking about S&W 617 .22lr.

SW-Main-Photo.jpg

I have one and love it. Had not shot it in a couple of years, since moving to town. Now it goes with me every range day. Mine is dead freakin' accurate with any ammo. It eats Remington Golden Bullets and puts them where ever you aim. Excellent for learning the double action revolver trigger.

Love my Ruger SR22, feels great in the hand, very reliable, take down is a breeze, it's a great training pistol for the kids and ladies, and just great plinking fun. The other competitor I've considered was the M&P 22 but it's a little bigger and pricier, the 12 rd mag is a big plus, however.

Personally I work for my uncle who is a gun trader and he usually buys .22 caliber guns. he has me clean and maintain his weapons and he also has me test them. If I were to suggest a semi-automatic handgun, it would either be a Smith Wesson M&P or a Sig Sauer Mosquito. these two handguns are easy to clean and they are accurate. If you want a nice single action revolving handgun, I would suggest buying a Heritage Rough Rider .22lr revolver. This handgun is the classic cowboy six-shooter and is accurate enough to kill a squirrel at 50 feet with a bit of practice. This is my choice of handgun simply because it is easy to use and it is not as complicated to clean as other guns. Plus you can also get a .22 mag cylinder with the gun.

I love the Ruger Mk II, don't care for the Mk III or the 22/45. It may sound weird but my favorite plinker is my Beretta 21A Bobcat. Certainly not the most accurate if the bunch but it is a fun little shooter.

My favorite is a Colt Diamondback blued with a 6" barrel. I haven't shot it for awhile, as it has almost become too valuable to shoot. My Ruger 22/45 stainless is the .22 workhorse. Lightweight and accurate. My wife likes her Walther P22, but it sure is a loud little mother! I was tempted to pick up an M&P .22, as I like the look of them, but was afraid it might turn out to be another Sig Mosquito.

Best I've had is a Ruber MkII with the mid length barrel, can't remember exact length. Dead on accurate. I could outshoot my friends when taking squirrels with it. They would use their rifles, I'd use the MKII.

I have a Walther P22 in the 5" model. It's decent, but it's not my preferred .22. Bought it to train the younguns and the missus. Bonus with it is that it has a .380 counterpart that are near exact dimensions and same manual of arms. Makes things less complicated for the wife.

If I could pick any though, it would be a S&W 617. Fantastic revolver.

I was tempted to pick up an M&P .22, as I like the look of them, but was afraid it might turn out to be another Sig Mosquito.
I can understand your reluctance since they look similar, but I bought the M&P 22 anyway. It has been very reliable for me. It functions very well using Federal bulk ammo. The biggest down fall of this gun is that it ships new from the factory with only one mag and finding additional mags is very difficult. I like that it has a threaded barrel so that as soon as my stamp arrives at my dealer, I'll be able to shoot it suppressed. It takes the same thread adaptor as the P22.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top