Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

.22 handgun

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by tac0, Dec 20, 2012.

1. tac0

tac0 Vancouver, Washington New Member

i am looking to buy a .22 pistol or revolver... any suggestions?

2. tac0

chiappa any good?

3. scbrett

scbrett Central Oregon New Member

Ruger

4. tac0

sr22?

5. tac0

sr22?

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Columbia Gorge Anyway, back on the farm.

Buckmark Pistol.

NWGlockgal, danv, jayleno and 13 others like this.
  7. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

The Ruger LCR in .22 might be what you are looking for. It is a 8 shot snubby revolver. It has a shrouded hammer so it fires double action only, but is good for concealed carry. (Not that a .22LR is a high power caliber for self defense, but it is a gun!) It is very light. Around $400.
    The Ruger SR-22 is a 10 shot Semi-auto pistol in .22LR and has two sizes of grips, super three dot sights. nice pistol. Around $325
    Then there are the Ruger Mark III series in so many configurations, The Browning Buckmark with a ton of models. And there is the used market with Hi-Standard and Colt Woodsman always drawing favored comments.
    Oh and there are other good .22's on the new market. Smith & Wesson has a great version of their M&P series and they have fine revolvers. Theres Walther and Beretta has several models to chosse from.
    Then somehow cheap and unreliable Phoenix's show up here and there. Don't get one. Buy a brand name.
    It is really best to go to a store that has these handguns on hand and handle them in your hand, No one else can do it better than the person that will use it.

8. Billy 4 HP

Billy 4 HP Skagit Member

No.

And to answer the original question, go down to the local shooting range that rents .22's. Rent them all and try them out. Buy the one you like the best and fits your needs...

9. crabman21

crabman21 Wilsonville,Ore Member

smith and wesson mp 22 is my pick. 12 rnd mags,very relieable and alot of fun to shoot. I have shot over 2000 rnds of cheap bulk packs of 22 ammo and not one jam.

10. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

There are very few 22 pistols that I don't like and the only one that comes to mind is the Sig mosquito. Hate the trigger pull.

You didn't say what you wanted it for,but most all 22 pistols or revolvers are pretty nice shooters. Just go handle them and see which one feels the best in YOUR hands.

My faves are the Buckmark Hunter,the Ruger mark III,the walther p22 and I don't have one yet but the Ruger single six or any of the singles made now.(single 10=10 shot 22lr,single 9=9 shot 22mag revolvers)

chemist and (deleted member) like this.
  11. glockman99

glockman99 Hoquiam, WA. Active Member

Get a Ruger auto...One of the steel ones.

12. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

13. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Your question is lacking in details. Do you have a price range in mind? What is the primary use you plan for this gun? Do you have large or small hands?

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  14. jauguston

jauguston Bellingham,WA Member

I just purchased a Ruger SR.22. Love it!!! Also a Sig Sauer P238. Its not my friend yet.

Jim

15. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

go out and handle all the 22's you can find and look for the one that feels the very best that is the one you should look at

16. mcathcart

mcathcart Beaverton, Oregon Active Member

all those guns suck. Buy one of these and be happy for ever.
    woodsman.jpg

woodsman.jpg

17. bzltyr

bzltyr Portland Metro area Active Member

I juts bought the SR22. Havent shot it. I did look at 2245, take down on SR22 a lot easier. I had a s&w 422 w/ a bull barrel that was sweet. Juts go into shop and see what fits your hand.

18. bikejunkie

bikejunkie Salem Well-Known Member

Lots of people bash on them, but I really like my Sig Mosquito. The DA trigger is not the best but not awful either- a great way to practice a lot for not much $

19. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

So now I have a Ruger LCR in .22, and I had and still have a SR-22, a standard Ruger .22 pistol (1952 model) and a Colt Frontier Scout all in .22 LR. I have a little NAA convertible with .22 LR and .22 Magnum, a S&W J frame, 351PD, in .22 Magnum. Rifles are a Ruger 10-22 Takedown, and Henry AR-7, both in .22 LR.

20. jauguston

jauguston Bellingham,WA Member

I recently bought a SR22 with a Crimson Trace laser. The gun sights are easy to adjust. It is deadly accurate with either sights or laser. I love it.