JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Ruger LCR in .22 might be what you are looking for. It is a 8 shot snubby revolver. It has a shrouded hammer so it fires double action only, but is good for concealed carry. (Not that a .22LR is a high power caliber for self defense, but it is a gun!) It is very light. Around $400.
The Ruger SR-22 is a 10 shot Semi-auto pistol in .22LR and has two sizes of grips, super three dot sights. nice pistol. Around $325
Then there are the Ruger Mark III series in so many configurations, The Browning Buckmark with a ton of models. And there is the used market with Hi-Standard and Colt Woodsman always drawing favored comments.
Oh and there are other good .22's on the new market. Smith & Wesson has a great version of their M&P series and they have fine revolvers. Theres Walther and Beretta has several models to chosse from.
Then somehow cheap and unreliable Phoenix's show up here and there. Don't get one. Buy a brand name.
It is really best to go to a store that has these handguns on hand and handle them in your hand, No one else can do it better than the person that will use it.

There are very few 22 pistols that I don't like and the only one that comes to mind is the Sig mosquito. Hate the trigger pull.

You didn't say what you wanted it for,but most all 22 pistols or revolvers are pretty nice shooters. Just go handle them and see which one feels the best in YOUR hands.

My faves are the Buckmark Hunter,the Ruger mark III,the walther p22 and I don't have one yet but the Ruger single six or any of the singles made now.(single 10=10 shot 22lr,single 9=9 shot 22mag revolvers)

all those guns suck. Buy one of these and be happy for ever.
woodsman.jpg

woodsman.jpg

Lots of people bash on them, but I really like my Sig Mosquito. The DA trigger is not the best but not awful either- a great way to practice a lot for not much $

So now I have a Ruger LCR in .22, and I had and still have a SR-22, a standard Ruger .22 pistol (1952 model) and a Colt Frontier Scout all in .22 LR. I have a little NAA convertible with .22 LR and .22 Magnum, a S&W J frame, 351PD, in .22 Magnum. Rifles are a Ruger 10-22 Takedown, and Henry AR-7, both in .22 LR.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews