JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you like the SR-71, then this is a must read on how it was designed and built by the lead engineer, along with his involvement in the stealth bomber.
Wish I could find my copy again... actually, Rich was just the lead thermodynamics guy on the SR (though very much the architect of the Nighthawk), the book you really want is Clarence L. Johnson's "Kelly: More Than My Share Of It All." :)

You shoulda seen my hippy-dippy-dipsh*t sophomore English teacher sniffing disdainfully when she assigned us to do biographies and I declared my pic... you'd swear she thought I was even worse than the arsehole who picked "Adolf Hitler, because he gave the world the VW Bug."

It's like, "Only winner of TWO Collier Trophies when ONE is like a Lifetime Achievement Oscar--this is one of the biggest of the guys whose backs aerospace technology was built on. Or would you rather be stuck on the ground limited to 80mph by train on land and maybe 20mph by sip to cross the seas?"

Needless to say, we did not get along... she failed me in retaliation.

Had to see if there was already a thread on this cartridge. Just read about it in one of Ackley's books. Commenting to revive the thread momentarily and hopefully let someone else learn about this

Re: The RS-71 :)
I had never bothered to figure it out but, it was faster than, (most) speeding bullets.

I remember a post long ago, where someone figured out the muzzle velocity of his
truck after he killed a deer with it.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads