JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I got a Sovereign SM64 from my dad (belonged to my grandpa) and it's missing the clip. Anyone have any idea if the clip from another make/model will fit this or am I just going to have to pony up the dough for a brand specific clip?

Thanks

Go buy Triple K's cheap magazines and see what you get.
Then add that to the price of a magazine that actually works.
Cheap magazines are the epitome of getting what you pay for.

Or does that 22 actually use a 'clip'

it actually looks like a clip you'd slide up inside the grip of a handgun. holds 10 rounds of .22 lr

as far as the Marlin 50 goes, that gun is over 50 years older than mine. I can see it going for 200. Rarity and all.

it actually looks like a clip you'd slide up inside the grip of a handgun.

Clip_vs_mag1.jpg

No sarcasm or ire implied, just a good picture to illustrate the physical differences between 'clip' and 'magazine'.

Ya know; it is time to give up the semantic argument here. The language has pretty much evolved to make "clip" and
"magazine" interchangeable'.
Paw through the stuff in the Gunbroker (Clackamas) by the door. If you don't find one, you will have some fun anyhow.

It all comes back to $35.00 a whack for these. Ever since Ebay allowed more firearm related products on their site (mags, clips, bolts, sights, etc) the prices have gone up for some of these items. A lot of vintage guns are now worth more as parts then left whole.

Hey I do not have a horse in this race so it doesn't matter to me. But I just checked in my files from my old Gun Shop and both the official owners manual and the Shop manual I have both clearly say "Box Magazine" on my editions.

While it may be the vernacular amongst our culture to call both devices "clips" - technically magazines are not the same thing as a clip any more than a light duty pickup truck and a minivan are the same thing and they both can be referred to as a "van". Geez, a vehicle generator and alternator are similar but different. You don't hear people at car clubs calling both devices "generators"?

Anyway, magazines always have a spring in them and clips never have one. Clips always charge a magazine; a magazine never charges a clip. Also we do not "load a magazine, we 'charge' magazines". We load chambers and we charge magazines!

Granted they both a magazine and a clip secure or hold cartridges but the clip always works in conjunction with a magazine and never the other way around. They are similar, yes, but are different and have different purposes. Now that doesn't mean someone even at a factory is ignorant and unintentionally mislabels the manual. Often a communications, engineering, legal, or marketing department produce these manuals and can use incorrect nomenclature. I'm only trying to enlighten and educate and have no other agenda.

Okay, we'll I'm going to go back to dig this sliver out of my finger with my machete which I always keep folded up in my front pocket.

Only among novice shooters.

There is no argument about using the term "clip" or "magazine", two very different items. Command of your native language is a important skill.

Agreed. I think that use of the term "clip" is a regional thing as well though. Kind of like "sack" vs. "bag" or "soda" vs. "pop". Seems like folks in the midwest use clip.

Just an observation, like I said, I agree that clip and magazine are too completely different parts to a firearm.

There you go; I try to use the correct terms to avoid looking like a nimrod, but I don't correct people when their meaning is clear.
Only among novice shooters.

There is no argument about using the term "clip" or "magazine", two very different items. Command of your native language is a important skill.

There you go; I try to use the correct terms to avoid looking like a nimrod, but I don't correct people when their meaning is clear.

The problem of interchanging these two terms is when you start discussing a rifle or pistol that uses both magazines and clips.

You can use a clip to load a magazine, but you can't use a magazine to load a clip.:huh:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top