JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your choice for best Full size truck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How did the COSTCO thing work out? The wife and I have thought about it just not sure if it is worth it.
If you know exactly what you want, I'd just put it out to the fleet managers/internet sales managers, give them one shot to earn your business. Last purchase was a GMC Arcadia, played this game between a couple of dealers and walked away saving several thousand dollars off MSRP.

Did it several years ago for a co-worker saves her a few thousand off an Hyundai Sonata...

YMMV...

This might start a war.
But how can anyone think a American made vehicle is even The same quality as a Toyota.
You can take anyone other make and model and put 150k miles on it. Same mileage as the Toyota, and see which one had he least amount of repairs. Which one rattles less. Fit and finish of the interior.
Unless you need a 3/4 or 1 ton why?

Brand loyalty is brand loyalty.

Why would anyone buy a Toyota when you could buy a domestic vehicle and pay approximately half the cost for repairs that happen less than twice as much?

How many people keep vehicles to 150k? Not many. A more compelling Toyota argument is the resale value because of this legend of untouchable reliability. Plenty of people believe this and pay essentially new prices for used trucks.

You could make a case for most any brand and it comes down to taste.

Brand loyalty is brand loyalty.

Why would anyone buy a Toyota when you could buy a domestic vehicle and pay approximately half the cost for repairs that happen less than twice as much?

How many people keep vehicles to 150k? Not many.

You could make a case for most any brand and it comes down to taste.
Half the cost? No. I'm on my 4th tundra and none have spent time in the shop. Everyone I know that's owns the domestic pickups are spending time in the shop. Many fords. And some dodges.

Half the cost? No. I'm on my 4th tundra and none have spent time in the shop. Everyone I know that's owns the domestic pickups are spending time in the shop. Many fords. And some dodges.

4th tundra? So you've driven 600k+ miles in them?

My Ford F-150 never spent time in the shop. You can't discuss your reliability but fleet trends. We don't have that data because they'd never make it public. The only thing we know are our personal experiences and those outliers for horrible quality like US made vehicles in the 70s and 80s.

This might start a war.
But how can anyone think a American made vehicle is even The same quality as a Toyota.
You can take anyone other make and model and put 150k miles on it. Same mileage as the Toyota, and see which one had he least amount of repairs. Which one rattles less. Fit and finish of the interior.

Aren't the Tundras and Tacos now mostly made in the US? American made doesn't necessarily mean "American" brands, especially since most of Ford's $h17 is Hecho en Mexico or Made in Canadastan... :D

Tundra is made in San Antonio, Texas and nowhere else.

According to MotorTrend: "Additionally, the Tundra was designed, engineered, and built in the U.S. That includes its engines and transmissions."

While I drive a Tundra, I'm not going to diss another brand as they all have their pluses & minuses. But I consider the Tundra as American as any other truck.

Tundra is made in San Antonio, Texas and nowhere else.

According to MotorTrend: "Additionally, the Tundra was designed, engineered, and built in the U.S. That includes its engines and transmissions."

While I drive a Tundra, I'm not going to diss another brand as they all have their pluses & minuses. But I consider the Tundra as American as any other truck.
Then I guess the dodge is a Mexican
I will admit my favorite vehicle that I own is a 69 c10. Drive it all the time.

But you need a step ladder to do anything under the hood? Wah? Not to mention not able to see things directly in front of you out to how many feet? And parking it? I guess the exercise from parking at the farthest end of the lot is a good thing though. But at least they've taken up that HUGE space inside the cab with all kinds of creature comforts so there's no room in front for more than a driver and one passenger.
I'm towing 10,000+ pounds though, give and take...

This might start a war.
I went to buy a Tundra, was the Toyota salesman that told me (after he understood my needs) to buy the GMC hd)

I'm towing 10,000+ pounds though, give and take...

That doesn't change what my problem is with the trucks. Or, why I'll never have one. But considering the way they are built now days, you have little choice in buying a monster sized vehicle. I just hope when/if you need to come in to the pit called potland, (or some other pit of a city) that you have a smaller rig. ;)

That doesn't change what my problem is with the trucks. Or, why I'll never have one. But considering the way they are built now days, you have little choice in buying a monster sized vehicle. I just hope when/if you need to come in to the pit called potland, (or some other pit of a city) that you have a smaller rig. ;)

You could just go the other way and decide that if you must have a massive vehicle - hit up a milsurp auction and buy yourself a six wheeled APC :p Perfect for driving *over* the Portlandites if ROL breaks down and you need to get home. Parallel parking? Just double park - it'll take hours for a tow truck large enough to come to you away. Or park on top of that annoying Fiat 500 that is 18 inches from the curb...

Need to run to Costco? You can fit double the amount of groceries inside that you can in an F150 no problem.

And it gives you an excuse to buy a belt fed MG to "accessorize" properly. :D

You could just go the other way and decide that if you must have a massive vehicle - hit up a milsurp auction and buy yourself a six wheeled APC :p Perfect for driving *over* the Portlandites if ROL breaks down and you need to get home. Parallel parking? Just double park - it'll take hours for a tow truck large enough to come to you away. Or park on top of that annoying Fiat 500 that is 18 inches from the curb...

Need to run to Costco? You can fit double the amount of groceries inside that you can in an F150 no problem.

And it gives you an excuse to buy a belt fed MG to "accessorize" properly. :D

Now we're talking!! :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top