JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your choice for best Full size truck?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My Titan is going on 15 years old now. And still looks and runs like new with 85k on it.

That said? I would like a new Tundra. But they don't offer a locking diff. That and their is no fancy factory lined bed and a list of other goodies you will find on the new 400hp Titan.

What will it be used for?

Luxury, ride, reliability = Tundra
Fun & who cares about gas mileage = Raptor*
All around decent truck (hauling, comfort, etc.) = Ram

*I would NEVER buy another Ford, so that would be at the bottom of my list.

I bought a Tundra in 2010 to replace a Tacoma. Extended cab, 8' bed and bench seats because it's a working truck. I added heavy duty steps because I have a brother that weights over 300#. Also a spray-in bed liner. No mechanical/reliability issues. I like the ride, and it takes a 2800+ mile round trip to Mexico every year.

The only reason I would look elsewhere is if I needed a locking limited slip differential. At the time I bought it Toyota was offering 5 year zero APR financing. I paid $5000 down and left my money in the bank to collect interest as I paid it off.

My top two choices would be a Tundra or a regular F150...which you don't list. I'm not sure I would go the extra freight for a Raptor. For that money I'd probably look at a F250 over the Raptor. YMMV.

Trying not to be "that guy," I really have to ask why not but a barely used 2018 model and let someone else take the huge depreciation of buying new. You'd still get the factory warranty and it may even smell new. Though I suppose if I had to choose, I'd go with a raptor. If I'm gonna spend that much dough, I'm gonna get the meanest beast of the bunch.

Trying not to be "that guy," I really have to ask why not but a barely used 2018 model and let someone else take the huge depreciation of buying new. You'd still get the factory warranty and it may even smell new. Though I suppose if I had to choose, I'd go with a raptor. If I'm gonna spend that much dough, I'm gonna get the meanest beast of the bunch.

Kinda funny that you are super practical about vehicle cost, but then you chose the most impractical choice.

I have never bought a new vehicle for myself....I cant see dropping that kinda money on something that will get abused, let the first guy take the hit.
But thats just me, Im chea.....errrr...frugal.

I have never bought a new vehicle for myself....I cant see dropping that kinda money on something that will get abused, let the first guy take the hit.
But thats just me, Im chea.....errrr...frugal.

Leaves more money for guns and ammo.... ;)

Almost all new vehicles take a 30% depreciation hit the very second you drive it off the lot. That's an investment that only the government would call a good deal. :rolleyes:

I bought a low mileage 2015 Ford F-150. It has an aluminum body, so it gets good mileage, accelerates like a race car, and rides like a limousine. It's the best vehicle I have ever owned and also the first Ford I've ever owned. I remember joking around with each other about Fords vs Chevys in high school, but haven't seen much of that as an adult. :cool:

I've driven a Ford F150 for years and it has "just worked" for all that tasks so required. I see no compelling reason to not go with a newer one when it is replaced in the next couple years. YMMV.

I voted Dodge, just because there were no other viable choices and the F150 was not a choice originally.

I know folks are as unfoundedly biased as I am. I have had great luck with both Dodge and Ford. Not so much Chevy, and I'm old enough I still don't take Toyota and Datsun pickups seriously as neo-full size trucks.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads