JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Had my wife grab the 200 lumen ones. Compared it next to my Streamlight tl-2 and it's much brighter. Guess I have a new nightstand light! Thanks OP

I bought a set of these a couple years ago and don't really care for them. They eat batteries, so I gave them to the Mrs. and she keeps them all over the house for various needs. They are ok for the price but I prefer the Streamlight polytac that bi-mart has for $40.

I bought a set of these a couple years ago and don't really care for them. They eat batteries, so I gave them to the Mrs. and she keeps them all over the house for various needs. They are ok for the price but I prefer the Streamlight polytac that bi-mart has for $40.

The ones from a couple of years ago are different. They had an indicator light in the tailcap switch, and that was what drained the power. The new ones don't have the light in the switch, and as a bonus, are much brighter. I have both sets, fyi.

On sale in Salem for $15.99, ask me how I know. I love the 150 lumen pack that I bought about 2 months ago in Salem, they had the 200 lumen ones on sale-couldn't resist. They include the 9 Duracell AAA batteries to work them (3 each)

Just saw these at the Lacey, WA Costco. I too have the 150 lumen ones and for the money there hard to beat! Even better at 200 lumens w/batteries !

After reading about it in this thread I went to the Vancouver Costco's and they only had the 150 lumen ones...once again a day late.

Same story with me, went to Costco Vancouver at Padden Parkway and they only had the 150 lumen sets. I'm satisfied with the 150's as I bought 2 packs at this price but will hit the Tigard store tomorrow since I have a customer visit in Newberg. :s0155:

I called the Costco in Tigard just now (5pm) and the gal said that they have approx 500 of the 200 lumen flashlight packs in stock. She said they're $19.99 with $4.00 instant rebate. I'm headed there after the wife gets home!

OK, update: I was at the Tigard Costco yesterday shortly after my last post. The flashlights are now with the camping gear in the middle of the store with the other Spring seasonal items. They had gobs of the 150 lumen flashlight packs. I was thinking they had none of the 200. But then I noticed that the two boxes on the floor said 200 lumens even though they were faced with the 150's. I removed the 150 packs, and found the 200 lumen lights behind. I bought two packs.

Just put the first three flashlights together, and holy crap-on-a-cracker these things are bright! You do NOT want to shine these in your eye. It's like a camera flash. I love the low power, high power, and strobe options. These are perfect emergency flashlights. I'm going to keep one in multiple spots around the house.

Thanks to all for the tip and the discussions. It's funny about the "more must always be better" consensus here that presumes 200 lumens is better.

I bought several packages yesterday, but after reading the comment about "eating batteries", I chose the 150 lumen version intentionally. I'm not sure that the 150 will not also eat batteries, but it's sure that they will not eat batteries as fast - pretty certain the 200 will have about 1/3 shorter battery life. I find the 150 to be plenty bright for a little flashlight, and will gladly suffer the longer battery life.

Whatever your individual mileage - they are an amazing value for 5 bucks and change including three alkaline batteries. Thanks again to the OP for bringing this to us.

I had the previous generation that ate batteries due to the led tailcap, and now these ones. One thing that always annoyed me was having to cycle past that annoying disco strobe function to turn them off. A buddy showed me that all you have to do to power off is hold the button in for a few seconds, then release, regardless of the mode you're in. That made me like these lights a lot more.

FYI -- picked it up at the Tigard store. The display box was on a shelf and turned the wrong way (blank cardboard facing to the aisle)...was only visible it you looked from the next row over and up...no markings regarding price, etc. When I purchased it there was the automatic $4 credit and the lights are great!

The ones from a couple of years ago are different. They had an indicator light in the tailcap switch, and that was what drained the power. The new ones don't have the light in the switch, and as a bonus, are much brighter. I have both sets, fyi.

I think most Costco stores have these. Good to know they're newer versions.

I bought the old ones. Yes, they go dead just sitting on the shelf with the indicator light. And one of them stopped working entirely. Still, hard to beat the price.

For other lights I build my own from parts here:

<broken link removed>

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews