JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$750
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Tualatin
State
Oregon
Zip Code
2,500 198 grain full metal jacket boat tail bullets. In excellent condition, with only slightest age tarnish, there are no corroded bullets. Generally known as "200 grain bullets". Intended for long-range target or sub-sonic use.

Bullets are pulled from live ammo. Parallel scratches can be seen approximately .3" long starting in front of boat tail shoulder. The same length as 7.62x51mm neck length. The bullets were scratched upon seating, and upon extraction. There are no bullet puller collet dents! Likely pulled via inertial or centripetal puller. Bullets are concentric, not bent or damaged. Non-magnetic.

I have seen white boxes of military 7.62x51mm match ammunition from the late 1950's and early 1960's. Boxes marked with "200 gr boat tail" and "corrosive primers". I believe these bullets to be pulled from that, with the owners of the now surplus ammo not wanting to shoot corrosive primers in their target rifles.

Bullets have same length and nose/body/boat tail profile as the following Sierra Matchking 200 grain HPBT bullet (see link). I cannot say these are Sierra made, and they are full metal jacket, not hollow point. (No longer made.)

I bought these hoping to get into long range shooting. I am just too busy for another shooting sport. I understand that people loading sub-sonic .300 Blackout also prefer this type of bullet. I carefully counted and inspected all bullets while wearing gloves (no skin oil/salt to further tarnish bullets.) I weighed a sample to ensure no major variation, to within a 10th of a grain. 2,500 bullets weight 70.71 lbs.

Can meet near Tualatin Cabelas, not interested in shipping. Please PM.

Sold as a batch. Only trade or partial trade would be for Remington Hyper-Sonic Waterfowl 12 gauge ammo, #2 or #BB shot size.

$750

Closer.jpg Four.jpg 308 bullets_Cont.jpg one.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class