Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1990 Chevrolet Red Ext cab lifted 4x4 truck

Discussion in 'Non-Firearm Item Classifieds' started by Burt Gummer, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

If you ever wanted a 1990 (with 1994 front grill, not wrecked, changed for update) ext cab red Chevy, professionally lifted 3", 7" Pro-Comp Chassis lift, 36" swampers, 120k miles, driven about 10 miles in the last ten+ years, PM me. At 82k it was rebuilt professionally by Sid Dorn Chevrolet bumper to bumper by an anal owner.

Owned by a hoarder friend of mine. Nice truck, just sitting in a garage throughout the whole last decade along with about 4-5 other vehicles. Just needs a new battery. The gas is it is the same gas fill-up done over 10+ years ago, without a preservative. It will probably still start right up with a good battery.

Can be made like new with minimal effort. Probably drive it away for $3.5k. Worth $5k+; getting it out of the hands of a hoarder is another story. Was used as a 90s poser truck for the Rock N' Rodeo bar in Sellwood, never been off road its whole life. I think I have him open to the idea of accepting $3.5k cash for it. It will take a few days to access it, surrounded by 'collectibles' in a garage.

The whole hoarder thing is not BS. Would have to be handled delicately. This guy would never advertize this for sale. The only way it would ever sell is upon is death, without my intervention.

Mentioned to him that a couple people have asked me if I know of any early-90s Chevys for sale. I worked out the $3.5k price from looking on Craigslist and other sources and seeing other trucks that are not as nice going for $4.5k-$5k. The discount is for dealing with the hoarder factor. He won't want to let it go without a meticulous detail job, but that probably can be got around. Of course it will be dusty/dirty - it has been sitting for many years; the tires will be out of round for sure! - drive it, fixed. When cleaned up it will look shiny new. It is really probably the best example of an early 90s Chevy 4x4 out there.

This is a guy that pulls over on the highway to get a bottle of windex out to clean a bird poop off his windshield. (OCD/ADD)

I've known this guy for 20 years and can help. He has the truck titled in WA state, lives in Vancouver. Once you hand him $3,500 and get the title just get the he11 out of there LOL. The key would be saying that you have exactly $3,500 (no more, no less) to spend, that the truck needs 'a lot' of tender care, but it is exactly what you were looking for, etc.

This is the only venue this 'ad' has placed.

Will try to get pics next time by there.

2. billyinfinity

billyinfinity Portland All pie, all the time. 2015 Volunteer

I don't understand. You're selling a truck that isn't yours for someone who will have to be convinced to sell it?

3. Yester

Yester Troutdale Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Very interesting add.. But I would be curious to see some pictures....

4. Yester

Yester Troutdale Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Very interesting add.. But I would be curious to see some pictures.... and although this is a odd add the seller has 33 feedback all 100% so that certainly says something....

5. Burt Gummer

Will try to get some pics this weekend. Post is fairly self-explanatory. If done correctly, I can help a hoarder friend let go of a nice truck that has been sitting for since 2000. Without my intervention, it would sit for another 12-20 years. What I could do is just buy it myself for $3k and sell it for $5k, but that does not interest me. What interests me is helping out a friend who won't help himself. I know the whole thing seems odd, but those that are worried about its legitimacy should probably not bother.

He's not some circus freak that will be chewing on his toe nails lol; to the buyer he will appear perfectly normal, polite, etc.

UPDATE: The truck is literally trapped and encased in his garage. His electronic door/spring now has broken so everything is trapped in there.
    Geezus. I guess I'll take a friend by and see what it will take to get the door open and his garage door spring fixed. Not sure if a repair guy can even get into the garage to fix the door. Plus he'd be too embarrassed to have anyone see inside his garage.

If none of this seems possible to work out in the near future I'll close the thread for now.

6. Burt Gummer

Well I was finally by there. Over the last 4-5 weeks he has gotten about half of the junk out of there so the door repair guy can make it in there to fix the garage door.

He has two formerly nice Lincoln Mark IIIs in front of the garage. Now they are growing gardens underneath them.

People DO live like this, I just don't know how.

2012-05-05_16-55-18_479.jpg
    2012-05-05_16-55-35_270.jpg
    2012-05-05_16-55-54_687.jpg
    2012-05-05_16-59-48_505.jpg

7. Burt Gummer

Update. Well it is six months later and I offered to take pictures of his GMC 2000 Safari Cargo van, two late-90s Lincoln Marks, '95 Caddy and this truck above. He went into panic mode. So I guess they'll all rot for yet another winter.

At least the truck is inside the garage so it will be preserved better.

8. Burt Gummer

Still being preserved. Garage door spring broke, won't fix it.

9. Burt Gummer

Still won't fix it.

10. JonCook

JonCook Salem Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

You're a good man. I get what you are trying to do. You showed a lot of class posting the add back when you first tried. I have been in similar situations trying to help someone I cared about who wasn't able to recognize thri problem. Just wanted to take a minute and let you know you have my respect sir. I have watched your posts over the past year or so and have to say I am impressed and appreciate an honorable gentleman when I see one. Good on ya brother!

11. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

Hey thats funny, I knew a guy like that.

The truck would be worth talking about if you were able to pry that guys door open. Never know why people do that, its worth something though...

12. Burt Gummer

Went by my friend's today - two years later - garage door still not fixed; hoarding galore - truck still encased in there! o_O Two cars still sitting in the driveway. But ask him - are you are hoarder? - Absolutely not!!!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014