JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
NOT .I cant believe that optics planet wants 2600 bucks for it. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.
Did they send what was advertised? I'm surprised since the reviews are pretty good. This is the summary from a review that called it a "masterpiece ":

"At only 3.4x3.25x1.5 inches and weighing just 7 ounces, the TRF is lightweight and compact, but it's also well built, with waterproof and shockproof construction to withstand heavy use in the field. If you're a hunter who's always looking for the ultimate challenge — such as taking down coyotes or hogs with archery gear at night — or you simply want to check the field before heading to your stand in the dark to avoid spooking deer, check out this thermal optics masterpiece from Covert."

The screen is not clear and you can hardly see anything, i tried to adjust with no luck.
Let me know what you think when you receive yours.
I think review i've seen said thermal detection to 50 yd. Do i expect it to be $2000 worth? Absolutely not. I expect it to detect things crawling in my backyard and a bit beyond. I can't imagine buying it full retail though.

Looks look Feradyne doesn't have these on the website anymore, just the mounts.

I got mine today. Haven't opened it yet, thinking about selling it in NIB condition.
I got mine Friday. I've been looking for rangefinding binos and came across this deal.

No time to play with it yet so can't comment on the functionality. I'm interested to hear your opinions if/when you crack the seal.

Just got mine. Used it on the puppy out around 50 yd, can clearly see the shape, though without magnification, its blurry. The buttons don't have the best feel, but it is usable. It is not your regular rangefinder, if it doesn't lit up, it won't range well.

This unit reminds me of my old Flir thermal scope. Its older tech and smaller screen and worse refresh rate, but it picks up things out there for me on the deck. It is lightweight for sure.

Just got mine. Used it on the puppy out around 50 yd, can clearly see the shape, though without magnification, its blurry. The buttons don't have the best feel, but it is usable. It is not your regular rangefinder, if it doesn't lit up, it won't range well.

This unit reminds me of my old Flir thermal scope. Its older tech and smaller screen and worse refresh rate, but it picks up things out there for me on the deck. It is lightweight for sure.
Would this work as kind of a FLIR unit to use around the house?

I don't know your background in thermal, so take it with 2cents:)

Thermal won't work as you think in movies like Predator, it rarely works indoor since it can't penetrate walls in most condition. Glass is also hard to penetrate. Heck, even long grass in open field can be tricky to spot small crawling targets. It is truly intended to be used as a spotting instrument in relatively open field, and then use night vision to finish the job.

I primarily used thermal to see if any animals crossing open field or in the case of a decent vantage point, it should work well in conjunction with night vision for night varmint work

I don't know your background in thermal, so take it with 2cents:)

Thermal won't work as you think in movies like Predator, it rarely works indoor since it can't penetrate walls in most condition. Glass is also hard to penetrate. Heck, even long grass in open field can be tricky to spot small crawling targets. It is truly intended to be used as a spotting instrument in relatively open field, and then use night vision to finish the job.

I primarily used thermal to see if any animals crossing open field or in the case of a decent vantage point, it should work well in conjunction with night vision for night varmint work
Not much at all. My friend has Flir attachment for his phone that I played around with in the house. Seemed useful for finding poorly insulated areas around the house.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top