JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$750
Manufacturer
Marlin
Caliber
30-30 Winchester
City
Brownsville
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Marlin 30-30 made for Sears in 1964. It has pre Micro groove Ballard rifling. This helps if you shoot cheap lead bullets. Has a receiver mounted Redfield sight. Has some wear but shoots great and accurate.

CsVQAd1.jpg

WNCShtV.jpg

d5Nt3fM.jpg

4U9ptOj.jpg
$750. Located near Albany but I do get up around Portland every few weeks and Salem weekly. I have good FFL's for transfer up there.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Here is some info for the Ballard and microgroove cut rifling and when Marlin used both. Hope this helps. I own several of these.

Marlin stopped Ballard rifling and announced in July 1956 that all thier rifles including the model 336s would be cut with "microgroove" rifling which is a pressed in rifling rather than broached or single cut type rifling. They did however at a later date produce some rifles for the cowboy line of rifles for the cowboy action shooters because they mostly shoot lead.

Here is some very in depth info on it.
Marlin Microgroove Barrels. Just click the link below.

Marlin Rifles, barrel Rifling history

Gunsmithkinks

Some rumors I read was Sears likely specified the Ballard rifling and it was common for them to specify certain things on rebranded products.

My favorite load was T&B un-checked lead lubed bullets over Trail Boss powder. About as much recoil as a 22LR, super cheap and zero leading of the bore.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.