JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$3000
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
45 ACP
City
Hillsboro
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I am selling my collectible 1943 Remington Rand M1911. This was a military issue in very good condition and includes 3 magazines. Manufactured at Springfield Armory.

You'll see the usual minor scuffs on the slide to be expected of an historic 1911 of this era.

You can see recent sales at:

The condition of this one is far nicer than most of what you'll find still available.

Asking $3000 OBO.

I can meet at Sportsman's Warehouse in Hillsboro.

IMG_2177.jpg IMG_2179.jpg IMG_2180.jpg IMG_2181.jpg IMG_2182.jpg IMG_2178.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Very nice example! Your 1911A1 was manufactured by Remington Rand (at least the slide), not Springfield Armory. The SA on the frame shows that it went through Springfield at some time during its life for a re-build. Post WW2 nearly every firearm in U.S. inventory went through an arsenal check. That does not in any way detract from the collectability of your firearm. In fact, it's pretty much expected that any WW2 era firearm will have been arsenal rebuilt.

GLWS!!!

-E-

Very nice example! Your 1911A1 was manufactured by Remington Rand (at least the slide), not Springfield Armory. The SA on the frame shows that it went through Springfield at some time during its life for a re-build. Post WW2 nearly every firearm in U.S. inventory went through an arsenal check. That does not in any way detract from the collectability of your firearm. In fact, it's pretty much expected that any WW2 era firearm will have been arsenal rebuilt.

GLWS!!!

-E-
Thank you for the additional detail! I tried to do a little research but had trouble finding out the details. I appreciate the information!

GLWS!!!

-E-
Super cool factoid, thank you! I have one that looks very similar, I just always assumed that it had gone through a rearsenal at some point and the slide had been paired up with a Springfield frame. Weirdly, mine has the WWI style of thumb safety. Learning occurred today!

Super cool factoid, thank you! I have one that looks very similar, I just always assumed that it had gone through a rearsenal at some point and the slide had been paired up with a Springfield frame. Weirdly, mine has the WWI style of thumb safety. Learning occurred today!
Not weird at all and very common to see frames/slides paired up from different manufactures. When the various firearms came back into the arsenals, they were broken down into their component parts and put into bins together with dozens or even hundreds of other same type parts. No attempt was made to keep parts from a single firearm together. Those parts were then checked for wear and function and if they didn't meet spec, they were discarded.

After that the in-spec parts were often refinished. The OP's 1911 looks to have been parkerized on its trip through Springfield Arsenal. Again, this is all perfectly correct and expected of U.S. military guns. The firearms were then reassembled from whichever part the armorer grabbed first out of the bins. That would explain your WW1 safety. I received a M1 Garand a couple weeks ago from the CMP that had a 1956 Springfield Armory receiver, a 1942 WW2 Springfield trigger housing with a WW2 Winchester hammer, all wrapped up in a 1955 International Harvester stock.

Sorry to clutter up your sale thread OP but I can't resist WW2 guns!

-E-

Last Edited:
Another cool factoid about the OP's firearm.........

The "FJA" located under the slide release is Lt. Col. Frank Jarvis Atwood, Army Inspector of Ordnance from 1942-1946.
[h3][/h3]

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top