JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been on the Springfield Pro wait list for 2 years. Dealer just got the pro in, and won't honor original price, is only willing to sell at new MSRP. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, they can probably get MSRP (or more). But I am the one that waited to years... They could have placed their own damn order...

So what to do:
Buy a STI
Buy a Wilson Combat
Buy the Springfield Pro, and don't do business with that shop any more.

I am looking for suggestions.

Without a deposit and balance receipt or a written agreement as to price once available, shake the dust off your feet and move on...

I can only imagine your disappointment, but consider it a lesson learned. Without a binding contract of some sort, I fear you'll walk away empty handed if not willing to pay the new price.

anything in writing? if not then its a tough choice but if they said they would sell it to you at a certain price and are now recanting, it really shows lack of integrity/customer satisfaction on their part.

F'm

I disagree, unless the gun shop is screwing you, and the gun is still listed at same price it was listed in the book for two years ago? I ordered a higher end Tanfoglio from Kieth's with a $50.00 down. When it came in 6 months later the price was not the same as quoted, it was $50.00 more. I figured that's the way it goes. We'd ordered a Sig 938 for Wifey at the same time. Her Sig took two months and ended up almost $50.00 LESS than what was quoted. :s0092:

I put $50 down. MSRP in 2015 was 2650, MSRP now is 3150.

I know that their margin is around 17% on this gun... and they won't go lower. So relative price increase $500 (19% increase in price) and won't drop the margin down to 10%... Why? I assume it's because someone else will buy it! The shop can move it because I waited two years with the gun on order! That is why I have a bad taste in my mouth. It's $500 dollars more than the shop told me, and the shop won't even work with me on the price? It's the trust thing...

@Mikej: $500, 19% increase, and I know their margin is higher than 10%...

If they were worried about selling the gun, I am sure this would be a different story. I am going to a different dealer in the future. They can order me what I want. I turned down the SAME gun at the SAME price earlier this year, because this FFL quoted a better price (2 years ago). I don't want to give this company my money... but I also want the gun...

I put $50 down. MSRP in 2015 was 2650, MSRP now is 3150.

I know that their margin is around 17% on this gun... and they won't go lower. So relative price increase $500 (19% increase in price) and won't drop the margin down to 10%... Why? I assume it's because someone else will buy it! The shop can move it because I waited two years with the gun on order! That is why I have a bad taste in my mouth. It's $500 dollars more than the shop told me, and the shop won't even work with me on the price? It's the trust thing...

@Mikej: $500, 19% increase, and I know their margin is higher than 10%...

If they were worried about selling the gun, I am sure this would be a different story. I am going to a different dealer in the future. They can order me what I want. I turned down the SAME gun at the SAME price earlier this year, because this FFL quoted a better price (2 years ago). I don't want to give this company my money... but I also want the gun...

:eek: :eek: :eek: Holy cow! Was this Kieth's? That's a crazy increase. Does the gun makers website show the MSRP going up like that? I certainly wouldn't pay the extra. Hopefully the shop will refund your $50.00 too. I can see the price of a gun increasing in two years though. And if it did increase that much it two years you couldn't expect the shop to pay YOU to get a gun at below MSRP? If that's not the case and the shop won't return you deposit then a POX on them!

I wouldn't ask the shop to take a loss but if they said they could get it at a certain price and sale it to you at a certain price they should honor it even if they just break even

Some of the other guys on here that run gun shops can probably tell you that most of there business is by repeat customers 97% of the gun business is repeat customers why do you think they call us the 3%

This nonsense is one of the best Reasons a Gunshop has for not dealing with deposits. If the MSRP went up by $500.00 then the dealer cost likely also went up by that much or almost. Now I'm just wondering who should be paying the difference? Oh yeah, the Gunshop! Certainly, he can afford to pay the difference because he's making all that money overcharging for transfers. That and gouging his Customers by paying extra for .22 Rimfire just so his Customers can drop in and say they bought on the Internet. Yep, he's the one, no doubt about it.

how does the "pro model wait list" work? Does the gun shop pay in full in advance or do they place their order and when its available pay in full at that time?

That's what I thought. Let the customer Screw the Gunshop out of the $500.00 is the only way. Yep, Yep, Yep!!!
Now hold on a sec. Back the truck up! This so called gun shop ( accrding to the op) orders a gun at a certain price, then raises that price $500 and you call that fair business?!?!?! Don' think so Charley, regardless of wether money or any contract you also have a "Gentleman's agreement" and that carries just as much weight as any thing else. If some one decided to raise the price on an item you order before you get to pick it up, and your ok with That? Sorry, but I not would be doing business with any one who operates in this manor, and don't give me that crap about inflation or operating costs, that's Bull Chit! You agree to order and sell a item at a stated price, it's on you not the customer if that price goes up! And yea, that's how you succed at business, by taking care of your customers, as the customer IS always right, and the customer IS the reason your in business!

Well, it's clear that some people are not in business and never have been. Some are ignorant and can learn. And, then some are just plain Stupid.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews