JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
its it easy to install an ambi safety on a springfield mil spec?
my kimber has an ambi and i love it so much i cant live without one now,
i'm a lefty(handed not leftwing nut case)and without ambi i have to take too much time working the safety.
also beavertail grip safety,is that an easy replacement without drilling or modifications to the frame?

"Easy" is a relative term. It depends on your skill level with firearms. In my experience with 1911s, sometimes when a part is advertised as "drop-in", it still needs minor fitting. You can find several drop-in ambi safetys on Brownells.com, but again, it can be hit or miss. Same with the beavertail grip safety... a Springfield MilSpec wont need any modifications to install but the piece might need fitting. Too end my ramble, buy the pieces you like online, then deliver them and your gun to a gunsmith. Sometimes its safer/faster/smarter to allow a pro do what they do. Why save a few bucks and risk damaging your nice gun?

how about ed brown?...his parts look very nice but do they require a lot of smithing?

My only experience with Ed Brown was having an EB Beavertail grip safety and slide release installed on a GoldCup I have. In that case, I had a gunsmith install the parts. Neither required any fitting.

I should add that I also had a Wilson checkered flat mainspring housing installed that I had laying around. Before installing any of the pieces, the gunsmith said he expected the Wilson MSH would be drop in, but the EB Grip Safety might require some fitting. As it turns out, it was just the opposite. The EB grip safety dropped right in and the Wilson MSH required a little fitting. Go figure! That's why I took the pistol to a gun smith. His fee for doing the install and fitting was far less than the cost of the parts.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top