JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am about to pick up a new Kimber Ultra CDP ll with laser. Just thought I'd ask those that carry a 1911 this size what your favorite concealed carry holster is..

Thinkin outside the pants, and I think I'd like it to be a clip-to-the-belt/pants holster... but I want it to be secure..

Has anyone tried the Galco Yaqui paddle holster? I appears to be what I'm lookin for.. as long as it secures my new Kimber well...

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

The VM 2 appears to be an inside the pants holster.. I'm kind of chunky guy. Don't think an inside the waisband holster would be comfy for me.
I like the ability to remove the holster without messing with my belt, hence the paddle style question..

Has anyone used a Galco paddle? They offer two models for the 3" 1911; the Speed paddle and the Yaqui paddle..

Like I mentioned above, the CCP (concealed carry paddle) Galco paddle carries nicely. Galco actually has a good amount of paddle holsters for a 3" 1911. The CCP, M4X matrix, Paddle lite, yaqui, and the speed. The Yaqui is nice but, your slide will wear where it rubs because it is not covered. The CCP will prevent this and give you a more comfortable fit. Not trying to sell you mine, just trying to help you out. I've tried tons of holsters for my 3" 1911. The 2 I swear by are the crossbreed supertuck IWB, and the Galco CCP paddle...

If you're looking for OWB holsters, I like the idea of paddle holsters, but I haven't found a one of them that would work for me unless I kept my belt uncomfortably tight. The OWB holsters I have tried have worked well for a full size 1911, albeit for a 4 1/4" or 5" 1911, not a 3" 1911 (I'm not a fan of shorter than 4 1/4" 1911's).

I have a Milt Sparks Axiom OWB holster that has snap on flaps:

Milt Sparks Holsters

I like this holster, but if I had thought about it I would have ordered it for a 5" 1911 and used it for both my DW CBOB and my 5" 1911's.

I also have a Kirkpartick Leather Texas Strong Side holster that I like, but I don't use it much as it doesn't hold the pistol as close to my body as I like.

Concealable holster for gun and accesories - Texas Strong Side TSS

My favorite OWB 1911 holster is from a small holster maker in TX; Adams Leather works. Here is a link to his web site and a pic of my favorite 1911 in his Avenger style holster. He does this part time, but does really quality work.

<broken link removed>

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg

I am about to pick up a new Kimber Ultra CDP ll with laser. Just thought I'd ask those that carry a 1911 this size what your favorite concealed carry holster is..

Thinkin outside the pants, and I think I'd like it to be a clip-to-the-belt/pants holster... but I want it to be secure..

Has anyone tried the Galco Yaqui paddle holster? I appears to be what I'm lookin for.. as long as it secures my new Kimber well...

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters
If you take an inexpensive "inside the pants" holster and wear it clipped over an exterior belt wearing it "outside the pants", but inside the belt, it secures the heavy 1911's to your hip to where it feels comfortable and will not flip, as 1911's are butt heavy loaded, and tend to want to droop out and back. Fat nylon holsters are too bulky and hard to conceal. wearing the mag holders on the opposite side evens out the weight. the molded fit holsters are good, but you have to wear it near your back to keep it inconspicuous.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top