Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

1911 holster preferences?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by mjn, Mar 23, 2012.

1. mjn

mjn Tri-Cities, Wa Active Member

I am about to pick up a new Kimber Ultra CDP ll with laser. Just thought I'd ask those that carry a 1911 this size what your favorite concealed carry holster is..

Thinkin outside the pants, and I think I'd like it to be a clip-to-the-belt/pants holster... but I want it to be secure..

Has anyone tried the Galco Yaqui paddle holster? I appears to be what I'm lookin for.. as long as it secures my new Kimber well...

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  2. TMACK

TMACK clackamas Active Member

3. gtivan

gtivan Salem Member

Ted Blocker. Local and a nice product.

4. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Milt Spraks VM2 /thread

5. SnackCracker

SnackCracker Lake oswego, OR Member

+1 Definitely!

6. mjn

mjn Tri-Cities, Wa Active Member

The VM 2 appears to be an inside the pants holster.. I'm kind of chunky guy. Don't think an inside the waisband holster would be comfy for me.
    I like the ability to remove the holster without messing with my belt, hence the paddle style question..

Has anyone used a Galco paddle? They offer two models for the 3" 1911; the Speed paddle and the Yaqui paddle..

7. TMACK

TMACK clackamas Active Member

Like I mentioned above, the CCP (concealed carry paddle) Galco paddle carries nicely. Galco actually has a good amount of paddle holsters for a 3" 1911. The CCP, M4X matrix, Paddle lite, yaqui, and the speed. The Yaqui is nice but, your slide will wear where it rubs because it is not covered. The CCP will prevent this and give you a more comfortable fit. Not trying to sell you mine, just trying to help you out. I've tried tons of holsters for my 3" 1911. The 2 I swear by are the crossbreed supertuck IWB, and the Galco CCP paddle...

8. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

9. 1911er

1911er Port Orchard,WA./ Granite OK. Active Member

I use A Bianchi 105 size 14

10. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

If you're looking for OWB holsters, I like the idea of paddle holsters, but I haven't found a one of them that would work for me unless I kept my belt uncomfortably tight. The OWB holsters I have tried have worked well for a full size 1911, albeit for a 4 1/4" or 5" 1911, not a 3" 1911 (I'm not a fan of shorter than 4 1/4" 1911's).

I have a Milt Sparks Axiom OWB holster that has snap on flaps:

Milt Sparks Holsters

I like this holster, but if I had thought about it I would have ordered it for a 5" 1911 and used it for both my DW CBOB and my 5" 1911's.

I also have a Kirkpartick Leather Texas Strong Side holster that I like, but I don't use it much as it doesn't hold the pistol as close to my body as I like.

Concealable holster for gun and accesories - Texas Strong Side TSS

My favorite OWB 1911 holster is from a small holster maker in TX; Adams Leather works. Here is a link to his web site and a pic of my favorite 1911 in his Avenger style holster. He does this part time, but does really quality work.

Adams LeatherWorks :: Holsters

DSCN1325.jpg

DSCN1328.jpg

11. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

12. Ghostmaker

Ghostmaker Willamette valley Member

If you take an inexpensive "inside the pants" holster and wear it clipped over an exterior belt wearing it "outside the pants", but inside the belt, it secures the heavy 1911's to your hip to where it feels comfortable and will not flip, as 1911's are butt heavy loaded, and tend to want to droop out and back. Fat nylon holsters are too bulky and hard to conceal. wearing the mag holders on the opposite side evens out the weight. the molded fit holsters are good, but you have to wear it near your back to keep it inconspicuous.

13. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

Cross breed seconds, great holsters i go one for 1/2 price. Nothing wrong with it except maybe a bit or brass shining on the back side.

14. PuddleMonkey

PuddleMonkey Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Galco all the way