JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a kimber ultra carry and I would like to replace the front black sight with a night sight. The factory sight is dove tailed into the slide. My question is, are all dovetails the same size-can I use different brand sights or do I have to buy one made specifically for kimbers?

I believe they are different than most. Most of the sight manufacturers will carry models that will fit. Also the height might be a little different for an Ultra. Decide which sights you want then check with the manufacturer. The good ones will likely require some fitting (that you can do yourself).

I have Ashley Big Dots on my Pro Carry. I will likely get some new ones (XS sights now) fairly soon. They are from 1998 or 1999 and are getting fairly dim. Midway is probably where I'll get them. They list one model for Pro Carry/Combat Carry and a different number for Ultra Carry models.

I think the angle is standard but the depth of the front dovetail is more shallow and there are a couple very small flats on the top of the slide. You would have to verify that but if true then it will probably just take some time with emery cloth on the bottom of some sights to get a fit.

I don't recommend Big Dots (24/7, express, etc.) unless you know you want them. Some folks don't like them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top