JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Hi there. New member, this forum can with a very high recommendations from people I trust. Any how, I have a 1906 Colt Single Action Army chambered in .45 I would like to sell. It is by far the most unique colt of its kind I have ever seen. It has yellowed elephant ivory grips. In laid on the grips are kachina doll style figures made of coral, mother of pearl and turquoise. The trigger guard and backstrap are plated in 24k gold. There is also a legend engraved in the backstrap. Another very unique feature is the butt of the grip. It appears that a very old us silver coin was flattened....kinda looks like a coin run over by a train....and this coin was attached to the butt of the grip. On the coin, the letters J.C.W are engraved. This gun is in fantastic condition and still retains over 98% of its case hardening and blueing. I have looked up the serial number on the Colt website to verify this weapon and it is genuine. That being said, I don't have a letter from the colt archival services that references the history of this firearm. I do however have an official appraisal from 2012 that puts a base value on this weapon at 25k but most likely quite a bit more. I'm unsure of the accuracy of this appraisal and to be honest dont really know what a reasonable asking price is. I'm located in Washington, but would be willing to travel a fair distance I suppose if the price was right. Not interested in trades. Would only accept cash or money order. No cashiers checks or personal checks. Would also accept bitcoin. Just putting this out there for peoples input and to see if anyone has interest. Listing it for 25k cause that's all I have to go on currently in terms of value. Price is obviously negotiable

Last Edited:
I would post a price that you would take right now, cash on the barrel head and also include a "Best Cash Offer" along with it.
That way you satisfy the forums rules and you have a way to see what the members are willing to offer.

For that level of gun, you need to have a Colt Factory letter. Any buyer will likely be a serious collector at that money and letters are just necessary.
Good luck!

John Crepps Wickliffe Beckham (August 5, 1869 – January 9, 1940) was the 35th Governor of Kentucky and a United States Senator from Kentucky.

Maybe this is your guy fits the time line - you will need a Colt Letter to get the money your asking or an auction house

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.