JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$300
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Tacoma
State
Washington
Zip Code
In 1878 the Francotte patent Martini system was granted utilizing a detachable mechanism fitted without the cocking indicator.

This Nepalese Gurkha example was found in military storage in their homeland of Nepal as part of the IMA cache.

This one is in excellent condition. I completely disassembled and cleaned it while preserving all original patina. Bore looks good and it's by far the nicest condition Nepalese Francotte I've seen. Well made and very little pitting I could see. The stock is also made of a very strong hardwood.

The striker it came with was broken but I have a spare I'll include along with the mainspring. Striker just needs to be fitted but I have enough projects and looking to downsize my collection.

Asking $300. Less than what IMA is currently asking for broken up and damaged "Grade 2" examples. No Nepal cache collection is complete without a Francotte. You will need to slug the bore and recommend care and taking to a gunsmith before shooting. Antique, no FFL required. Local sales within driving distance only.

PXL_20221024_234057707~2.jpg PXL_20221024_234043920~2.jpg PXL_20221024_234241686.jpg PXL_20221024_234300879.jpg PXL_20221024_234216439.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service