JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$500
Manufacturer
Springfield Armory
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
Zip Code
This is my first post as a member of this forum (so if I'm missing something of importance in the post, please have patience as I learn this process).

Looking to sell (no trade)

Springfield 1855 (made 1856) .58 Caliber black powder Pistol/Carbine (the shoulder stock is not available).
This item is in fair/poor condition with some rust, finish wear, cracked grip and missing Maynar cap door. As mentioned, shoulder stock to convert from pistol to carbine is missing as well. Triger mechanism still works, and cap advance functions as well. No cap roll included. Cap door/cover on gun is also missing. in the pictures you can just make out the '1855' on the left side, and the 'US Springfield' stamp on the right.

based on the age and condition, I do not think this could be fired (not advised) - but it is a nice collector piece, and based on what research I made online it was one of about 4,000 made during 1855-1857 (commissioned by US Army to be made before the model was discontinued).

These range all over the place in online auctions in terms of price. I'm pricing this at what I've seen appears to be the low end, as this piece is certainly not museum quality (which can go for thousands). I've been told based on the age and type of piece this is, this transaction does not need to be through FFL, so exchange can happen in any mutually agreed location.

If someone would like to give feedback on my asking price (either too high, or too low) - feel free to Direct Message me.

Thank you.

20231120_121614.jpg 20231120_121624.jpg 20231129_112823.jpg 20231129_112831.jpg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I'm wondering if perhaps it would have been more appropriate to post this in the 'handguns' section, but I'll try bumping it here once first.

I would take any advice on if there is a better place to find someone that would want a piece of this age.

Thank you

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top