JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get the 21. Only thing better is the 20. 13 + 1 is a lot of flying ashtrays. I like to avoid confrontation whenever possible, and when it becomes impossible to avoid the problem, I want to hit as fast and hard as I possibly can......accurately. I bought a 21 and liked it till one day I accidentaly slid a 20 mag in to it.........the whole 10mm round fell out the end of the barrel. [sh#t like this only happens in the cartoons, right?] Sold it to one of my good friends who still carries it daily.

45.jpg

OK, forgive me for being ignorant, but what's wrong with Glocks?

I've read several posts trashing them. I'm relatively new to gun ownership and have do own a Glock. Every time I've taken it out to the range, I pull the trigger and it goes "bang", and the round hits where I'm aiming (relatively speaking :)) Is it a matter of gun purists or snobs down on them because they're not top-of-the-line, or is there something functionally dangerous about them? I mean, I'd love to drive a Ferrari, but I can afford a Dodge.

Actually, I really wouldn't like a Ferrari; I'm guessing they don't do well in the woods. I look at my things more as tools than investments, and a gun is no different. I want something that works when I need it, I can carry it on my belt, in my pack, in my car, or by my bed.

Of course, I'm willing to learn and not afraid to be wrong.

As I've said before, every Glock I have owned, or that anybody I have know personally has owned, have not had one single issue. There is no other gun for under $800 I would take over a Glock. I see people with $1500+ 1911's that don't work right. How many out of the box $550 Glocks have problems? Maybe 5% or less? They just work. Also, if needed, they come apart faster than any other gun I've ever seen, without any tools. The arguements could gonon forever, you know what they say about opinions.... Anyway, I love that picture! (I don't have anything aginst 9mm).

I have thought about the 30, and I'd like to get both eventually actually. I really am looking for a fullsize right now though. In the woods I carry in a dropleg holster and the fullsizes fit better. Also I like the higher capacity. Ideally I'd have a fullsize for open carry/home/woods and a compact for carry. But that's a while down the road...

I'm sure you know that the 30 will take the 13rd mag of the 21. with an A&G mag sleeve, it gives you a full size grip, with the compact top end. I tried mine out for the 1st time today, works great. anyway, good luck with whatever you get. Mike.

I did know that. Thanks for the ideas too. I'm pretty sure the 21 and 30 (in that order for now) are my next two handguns.

I've had the G23/G17/G21/G30SF and only the G17 remains. The G21 is the softest shooting 45 I've had but it is no carry gun. For SHTF, I'll take capacity any day over caliber.

The G30 will likely be a disappointment for you. Horrible to shoot and not near as reliable as the G21.

My "standardized" SHTF gun is the G17. All this "common ammo" is really nonsense IMO as you will shoot what you have on hand, not what you can find. H double E hockey sticks (why is **** in the filter?) , I couldn't find 9mm during the 2008 election and we had no idea how much S was hitting the fan with Obama's "Change."