JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've never heard of them, but I still ordered 1k of the 17g variety. Way too good to pass up, rarely see 17HMR under $7 a box.

Hmmmm, wouldn't be the first time I ordered ammo without having a gun to shoot it. :D

I bought a Marlin stainless bull barrel with laminated stock. This was right after the 17 HMR came out. No idea maybe 10 or 12 years ago at least. Paid 350 for it and put a Leupold scope on it. The scope was more than the rifle. That said I have run many many thousands of rounds through this gun shooting sage rats. It will STILL hit a penny at 100 yards every time. Most accurate rifle I have ever owned. Simply a rat killing machine. I have shot critters as big as coyotes with it. You can literally shoot them in the ear at 150 yards and killed them instantly. AWESOME.

I'm a leftie, so thumbhole stocks are generally a no-go. I don't need a left handed action though. I grew up shooting nothing but right-handed actions, and I'm too used to them to convert now.
Me too. And I've never actually shot with a left-handed stock. At this point, (just turned 60) I can't imagine it would provide any type of advantage. It would honestly feel somewhat wierd.

I would agree with BAT338. Find the gun that you want then check out Boyd's for a replacement stock. It sounds like you want something very nice and I was surprised how affordable they are. They have their new AT that has adjustable lop and cheek rise for $200 in laminate and about $220 in walnut. Their pro hunter model is about $40 or $50 less. I know that this is not free but if you want "that" gun it might be an option. I was looking at the A-17 stocks but they have most guns available.

So close to sanctuary. He shouldn't have paused.

F25D1B9B-734B-4693-AACB-27FC4A81D2DB.jpeg

Right behind the ear. He didn't even kick. So peaceful looking...

P

Last Edited:
Something like this? Savage 93R .17 HMR in a PDC chassis. Very accurate.

PkAHGD.jpg

If you go Savage, inspect someone's rifle by pulling the barreled receiver out of the stock. I was very underwhelmed with how they fasten the receiver in a wood stock - lots of air under one of the bosses, hence the PDC.

Swapping barrels on a CZ-455 (now 457) is very easy.

I'm still looking......of course picking up a Tikka T3 Varmint didn't help any. :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews