JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm planning on a light weight DI upper. Mid length barrel and a effective break or Flash suppressor or hybrid. It could even be a mount for a suppressor.
I have an AEM5 suppressor that's pretty good but gassy and heavy. So I'm leaning towards a new can at some point. So I want short ish barrel to make the 16" min with p/w.
What's your take on the 13.7 vs 14.5?
Most likely a mid length fluted mid weight with a quality hand guard and light and hand stop.

What would you build and why?
Thanks Jake

I would put a keymo muzzle device on anything I was going to pin and weld, so a suppressor can be attached down the road. You will probably find a 14.5" barrel gives you more choices in barrels and muzzle devices to make the oal of barrel 16+" when pinned and welded. Either barrel length will work but 13.7" will definitely narrow the field down on barrels that meet your requirements and the muzzle devices long enough to make 16+ will also be fewer.

I'm finding a ton of keymo mounts but they are all exceptionally heavy. I was looking at the griffin taper lock mount - break. I like the performance and quality of the griffin cans in reviews. Just don't know if I want to stuck w griffin. And the weight of most mounting systems are a turn off for a short light weight build. It would be exceptionally front heavy at that point.

Anytime you hang a can on a rifle it is going to add weight and upset the balance. I guess it will just be a matter of what your priorities are as far as how much you will shoot it suppressed. The micro key mounts themselves are pretty light. The keymo interface is heavier than some of the other options for sure but to me it is one of the most simple and robust.

Last Edited:
I'm planning on a light weight DI upper. Mid length barrel and a effective break or Flash suppressor or hybrid. It could even be a mount for a suppressor.
I have an AEM5 suppressor that's pretty good but gassy and heavy. So I'm leaning towards a new can at some point. So I want short ish barrel to make the 16" min with p/w.
What's your take on the 13.7 vs 14.5?
Most likely a mid length fluted mid weight with a quality hand guard and light and hand stop.

What would you build and why?
Thanks Jake
I have a PWS 14.5 that's been a fantastic barrel, sadly it's just sitting in a parts bin until I figure out what's next. Extremely accurate, and lightweight, just not quite as light as the pencil barrels.

I have a Faxon pencil barrel, a 16", and have had their pencil 14.5" before. Both have been good barrels, extremely light. The do then to string out vertically if you're shooting fast with a suppressor on

Since the OP on this thread. I built a 11.5 with my aem5 suppressor mount and it is a sbr.
The 13.5-14.5 might be the replacement for my 16" cmmg light weight barrel.
It wears a MI G4M rail with just a light and buis.
It's not bad weight and adding the lpvo it's a solid rifle.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top