Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by GTA2, Apr 25, 2013.

1. GTA2

GTA2 Beaverton. Oregon Member

2. Keane

Keane Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Unfortunately when I looked at it closely, it had a pretty serious 'idiot mark' on the frame as well as an upward 'idiot mark' on the slide. It is still a fantastic gun at a decent price, but there's a reason it is 2k.

Additionally, it didn't seem very 'featured out', probably the lower end of Wilson Combat's offerings based on what I saw.

Anyway, my 2c.

iamme and (deleted member) like this.
  3. GTA2

Yes but they lowered it with to $1900 today with all the extras. I can make that scratch in a day...just saying :)... It's better than paying for a $1200 EMP that they have.

4. 45 for me

45 for me Oregon Well-Known Member

Make an offer. If it has a scratch, you can try to buff it out, or send it to Wilson for repair. Or just buy it and shoot it and not have to care about handling marks. It will be your best shooting pistol. I have a Wilson Supergrade and it is a pretty unbelievable piece.

5. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

For $1900 what else can it do?

Dan1477 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Dan1477

Dan1477 Beaverton, Oregon Active Member

Seriously. I could get a very, very nice AR for that kind of money. Or enough .22 to last a lifetime.

IheartGUNS and (deleted member) like this.
  7. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Exactly.

But I guess if someone was stupid rich (or just stupid) then why not lol. But seriously, what would make a WC gun so expensive? Is the gun made of platinum or something? The sad thing about that wc 1911 is the idiot scratch and still $1900...

8. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

At today's prices, maybe only half a lifetime.

9. Yamahamottox

Yamahamottox Eugene Member

Who cares if a carry gun has a scratch

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  10. TylerDurden

TylerDurden PDX New Member

I've looked at it a couple if times. It's pretty awesome. There is a receipt inside the case showing the original owner payed almost $2500. But the abundance of idiot scratches is troubling.

11. asiparks

asiparks PDX Active Member

Wilsons Armor Tuff finish is useless, scratches and chips very easily, but the actual gun is still solid.

$1900 sound expensive, but the original owners already taken the big hit, so think of it as a free gun rental... Buy it, shoot it, carry it and, when you come to sell it, you'll likely get your full $1900 back.

orygun and (deleted member) like this.
  12. asiparks

asiparks PDX Active Member

It's a very very nice 1911.
    Just like you can get an AR for $800 or you can get one for $2500. Same basic tool, ones just a bit nicer. You pay where you're happy with the cost to value ratio....

13. GTA2

I'm surprise it's still there..it also a lifetime transferable warranty..I'd take that Wilson or Nighthawk any day. If I remember it had 2 scratches but not down to the metal.

14. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

I handled a Ed brown this week. These higher end 1911 are much sweeter than the 900.00 guns. Trust me, test them yourself.