JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am looking for a 12g shotgun to use and abuse for blasting Moles. I need to be able to stick the barrel down the hole and not be afraid of leaving the gun dirty. Any 12g will do, just has to be functional and cheap. Estacada area prefered as I don't want to go far for it. Open to anything, just shoot me a line. Also still looking for cheap 22 pistol. 150ish on that. Thanks.

I've always wanted to blast a mole with my shotgun but I figure with my luck I'll get a ricochet in the 'nads.

I trapped three moles on the Fourth Of July night. That's my single day record. I think the fireworks must have made them a little less cautious. ;)

I have never had success with traps, just the pump 12g. I have to sit on the hole for 10 min but once I see movement 8 3" steel BB shot shells is a win every time. I am trying to harrass them, maybe defen them by putting the barrel down the hole and cracking off a 12g bird shot. I have a 20g but if you are going to do something, go big and make sure it works. Plus the 12g is cheaper. Tried 30 rounds of penetrator ammo with my AR, but I missed believe it or not! 12g always wins.

I have tried traps, lawnmower exhaust, exhaust from my old dodge, drowning them with a garden hose and it only turned them into angry mutant moles that were more destructive then before. There is nothing as rewarding as a cup of coffee and a 12 gauge in the early morning for those pesky varmints. I have no rocks in my soil so I don't worry about my nads. I don't think I'd stick the gun in the hole. A foot above ground works well. Shot size should be between 4-BB for soil penetration. Just wait till you see them pushing dirt. Then give them a second shot as the first one is sometimes only concussive and opens the hole. The second one turns em into pink mist and is quite rewarding. Happy hunting

Trouble is they seem to know when I am not home. This is my new plan of putting the barrel 2" in the hole and knocking them silly. I figure if they rely on hearing I will give them something to listen to. I tape the end of the barrel to prevent a "stab clog' , leave the hole open so I don't overpressure the gun, and go from there. I have been doing it with the 20g for a week now, and one has stopped, the other has moved a considerable distance, almost off the property. I will see tomorrow morning how the progress is.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.