JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Plus some like saiga 12 clones accept muzzle brakes that can reduce recoil up to 70%.

View attachment 1412008
I've use the v6 and howitzer types are the recoil reduction is incredible. Ability to stay accurately on target from shot to shot is a huge difference.
Having worked on a. bunch of Saigas over the years. At least a hundred I dont think Ive ever seen one that would run all commercial loads out of the box. Theyre cool looking pieces of crap.

Having worked on a. bunch of Saigas over the years. At least a hundred I dont think Ive ever seen one that would run out of the box. Theyre cool looking pieces of crap.
Can't speak to saiga. All 3 of my lynx 12s which have different bolt and gas pucks than problematic saiga run great. No malfunctions to date. Only problem I have ever heard of is one bolt failure at 11,000 rounds. Poeple who have both lynx 12 and saiga say they like lynx better and end up selling their saigas. After putting mine through the ringer I sold all my other 12 gauges except for one SxS. That's how reliable I feel they are. I have zero tolerance for unreliability.

Can't speak to saiga. All 3 of my lynx 12s which have different bolt and gas pucks than problematic saiga run great. No malfunctions to date. Only problem I have ever heard of is one bolt failure at 11,000 rounds. Poeple who have both lynx 12 and saiga say they like lynx better and end up selling their saigas.
I have a lynx too and the Chinese seemed to have learned a few lessons. Russians come up with one design and keep pumping it out no matter if it works or not. A lot of the early Saigas wouldn't run on ANY low brass. 3 3/32" gas ports and they'll run on anything with a adjustable gas lug.

Funny thing is Saiaga owners get all bent out of shape when you point out Saigas are crap guns if you tell them you have a Lynx. .

I grew up shooting A5's so I'm most comfortable with semi's. A couple of times at the range with friends, I've tried their pumps and have always choked up. Short stroke, forget to pump, etc. Stick to what you know, I guess would be the mantra here.

On the plus side, my said buddies were more than impressed with the recoil reduction of my semi, even if the Browning system isn't the best at it.

Can't wait to actually shoot my Lynx 12. Have been upgrading it thanks to the input from @ilikegunspdx and she's just about ready to rock and roll.

Having worked on a. bunch of Saigas over the years. At least a hundred I dont think Ive ever seen one that would run all commercial loads out of the box. Theyre cool looking pieces of crap.
I have one made before 2008 and one made after. The pre-'08 will run anything with the factory gas adjuster. All the way up for low brass and all the way down for high brass. I never use the middle setting. The post-'08 requires an aftermarket gas adjuster and it seems like it always takes me two tries to get it set right.

I have a lynx too and the Chinese seemed to have learned a few lessons. Russians come up with one design and keep pumping it out no matter if it works or not. A lot of the early Saigas wouldn't run on ANY low brass. 3 3/32" gas ports and they'll run on anything with a adjustable gas lug.

Funny thing is Saiaga owners get all bent out of shape when you point out Saigas are crap guns if you tell them you have a Lynx. .
Definitely. Factory 96 where they were/are? made has been making the type 56 AK for 50+ years so they know what they are doing I think. My understanding is they are now making some pcc type gun for the Chinese military maybe? Can't recall I just remember the picture looked like a small pcc type gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top