JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yea? Thx. I'll look into it….. maybe one more hiccup…… the Henry BigBoy X .357 has my attention now. So availability is still gonna dictate.
Side question, why is everyone so Gaga on lever guns all of a sudden? Is it because they have built everything on AR platform and want something new? Not knocking them at all, just wondering why they are more popular all of a sudden. Or maybe the Yellowstone series or other show/movies/ video games?

Benefit of pump vs semi auto is you can shoot rock salt, pepper, bacon, dog food, ? less lethal rounds reliably. You know how that bacon grease can gum up the gas port... :p :s0070:

Side question, why is everyone so Gaga on lever guns all of a sudden? Is it because they have built everything on AR platform and want something new? Not knocking them at all, just wondering why they are more popular all of a sudden. Or maybe the Yellowstone series or other show/movies/ video games?
I've built up several different chamberings in AR15/10… Beowulf, 22-250, .308, 9mm, deuce deuce, 300BLK, 12G …… still waiting for 270 win.or 300 win mag platform from BCA….still more to get of course. Not tired of'em just decided to switch gears to AVOID some of this current gun legislation nonsense for a bit. I personally don't have a decent wheel gun or any levers, and decided to do dual purpose cartridge rifle/revolver. The cowboy load out has been a fantasy since childhood.

I've built up several different chamberings in AR15/10… Beowulf, 22-250, .308, 9mm, deuce deuce, 300BLK, 12G …… still waiting for 270 win.or 300 win mag platform from BCA….still more to get of course. Not tired of'em just decided to switch gears to AVOID some of this current gun legislation nonsense for a bit. I personally don't have a decent wheel gun or any levers, and decided to do dual purpose cartridge rifle/revolver. The cowboy load out has been a fantasy since childhood.

Same. I've got enough ARs. I have lever, pump and break action, and revolvers and pistols. The last major action type that I don't have is a lever gun. I know what I want, I'm just not in a hurry to buy it after hoarding 10+ round mags and restocking my ammo. I'll get to it soon enough though; I've wanted one since I was a kid.

I've always liked lever guns, today, I would be much more likely to buy a lever gun over just about anything else. As far as guns go, I have all my "needs", it is time to work on the "wants". I really want an older Marlin .357 and .44 mag.

I think lever guns have been popular all along, and now their increased popularity is fueled by the fever to buy more guns before we can't mentelity. Couple that with ammo being scarce sometimes it makes sense that the more calibers you have the more shooting you can do. Lastly the .Gov isn't after lever guns just yet so there is some security in that.

Gentlemen, there's a solution you're not seeing here.

a09eb51a7c2bdcc63dd6e219d66f8379.jpg

This is one of those post like asking what motorcycle is best and the first guy chimes in with definitely an R1 Then the next guy chimes in and says yeah but That's gonna suck off road definitely a YZ 250 and the next guy chimes in and says yeah but that's gonna be terrible on long cruises definitely a Harley and The next guy says yeah but that's gonna suck on a race track definitely a Ducati and the next guys gonna say yeah but that Ducati's gonna be horribly unreliable definitely a Goldwing.

Just buy what's best for the intended purpose and use it for that.
The Honda Rebel 250 is where it's at on and off road !

pump for me just because I have used pumps for decades and when I have tried a semi I almost always try to rack them after pulling the trigger,
so I have just stuck what I know easier on my muscle memory.

I am ok with either, just so long as it has a tang safety. Nothing quite like blazing through 12ga like it's 5.56, though :s0010:

Personally I like semi autos preferably gas piston types….they hurt less then closed breech pump/break actions and I don't like recoil these days 😂
Plus some like saiga 12 clones accept muzzle brakes that can reduce recoil up to 70%.

B920E3CA-B425-478B-8A5C-50301B54CFA3.png
I've use the v6 and howitzer types and the recoil reduction is incredible. Ability to stay accurately on target from shot to shot is a huge difference.
F1BCA7AC-E7F6-45B2-A37A-0191877A772C.jpeg
45053E9E-F32C-4DC2-A646-652F5710D5F3.jpeg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads