JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Report: 11-year-old boy shoots home intruder http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/01/report-11-year-old-boy-shoots-home-intruder.html

I have to give it to this young man for having the collected head to defend his home and self, but had this been an adult wouldn't they be charged for shooting someone that was outside and running away?

Either way this kid and his parents should be given a round of applause!

Hopefully this guy thinks twice before breaking into someone's home again.

But if I was the parents I'd fear for my kids safety for a while.

I love that the kid was talking ish.

Sad thing is this guy (depending on his history) will probably not seeing much jail time and be back out to revisit that family or victimize someone else.

if youre an 11yr old boy... home alone...any adult who is not your mom or dad or trusted(subjective) family member or friend is an immediate threat. period.too many perverts and drug addicts out there now. good on him for standing his ground.

times are so different now. 18 years ago i was 10yrs old staying home during summer break and taking care of my then 7yr old brother while mom and dad were at work. no big deal.

When the intruder was in the home, he was a threat.

When the intruder left the home and was running away, he is no longer a threat.

I don't necessarily expect an 11 year old boy to remember this, but then I wouldn't necessarily give him unsupervised access to a firearm either, certainly not a defensive handgun anyway, at least not in most environments (unless we lived out in the boonies and the child had a lot more training, experience and exposure to firearms than most 11 year olds do today, and even then probably only a .22 rifle).

You are right - it is a different world than it used to be. When I was that age it was 50 years ago, I lived on a farm, and had access to a .22 rifle, but NOT my fathers 1911 (at least I wasn't supposed to have access to it - physically I did).

upload_2016-5-2_11-13-58.png

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/232855/

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews