JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Easy enough! It's not about guns or who has what or how many. The issue is that it is a constitutionally protected right. Just like every other protected right. It may not be infringed. Not for a few days, weeks... or as 114 is likely to do... for possibly a year or more.
And yet it HAS been infringed since the early/mid 30s and possible back in the 1800s quite easily.

Jack

Okay, let me show you what angle the ANTI's will be coming from.

"I don't understand what the big deal is if you gun people can't buy a gun for a few days, or weeks!?" or
"You probably have other guns you can shoot, or protect yourself with! What's the big deal?"

Seriously, answer that question! I'm sayin', I'm all with you guys here! But "Those" people really can't understand it!

Tell them Christmas (or Hannukah, or Kwanzaa, or Winter Solstice, or Saturnalia, or Festivus, or whatever it specifically is that they worship/celebrate) is canceled.

"What's the big deal? You probably have other religions that you can celebrate."
"Although, some of them might not allow for that Honey-Glazed Ham that you're planning to cook."

Appreciate you seeing where I'm at. The firearms community is a pretty good bunch of people. A lot of common sense here. I'm realizing I need to quit reading so much of it though.
From what little I see of face book and twitter, want nothing to do with it. UNLESS, it's some self aggrandized dick being put in his/her place!
It is never going to end. Best to keep reading and pass your thoughts to others. There is s lot of people miss informed and just don't know anything of what's going on. So much wrong information out there. We're bashing our head into the wall but if we stop we lose.

Tell them Christmas (or Hannukah, or Kwanzaa, or Winter Solstice, or Saturnalia, or Festivus, or whatever it specifically is that they worship/celebrate) is canceled.

"What's the big deal? You probably have other religions that you can celebrate."
"Although, some of them might not allow for that Honey-Glazed Ham that you're planning to cook."
Now that's not too bad. Declare a "New" national holiday on the same day as some holy day? When the devout say it's wrong, tell 'em they can choose a different day for their sacred day?

Oh! And they'll need a permit now! :s0114:

Last Edited:
Not that's not too bad. Declare a "New" national holiday on the same day as some holy day? When the devout say it's wrong, tell 'em they can choose a different day for their sacred day?

Oh! And they'll need a permit now! :s0114:

BOSS: "Yeah, I'm gonna need you to work the night shift next Friday, and come in early on Saturday. You can pick another day of the week to observe the Sabbath".

"Oregon State Police has worked with Permit Agents regarding the application form for the Permit-to-Purchase."

Since there is no process in place to get a permit, I'm wondering who the 'Permit Agents' are...

Who are they?

Are they biased against the 2nd Amendment?

How did they get a 'Permit Agent' job before there were any permits to be issued?

EDIT:

Thank you, @PiratePast40, for this answer:

I was also wondering who these "permit agents" are. This is from the measure:

(5) "Permit Agent" means a county sheriff or police chief with jurisdiction over the residence of the person making an application for a permit-to-purchase, or their designees.

Last Edited:
I'm not sure but it's an interesting move by the DOJ.
They were certainly at risk for preventing people from their 2A right, no question because they had no way for people to buy guns. I think he is doing damage control but removing the part he knows he will lose and trying to hold onto the mag ban component. Here's hoping they lose that component too (as an injunction I mean, the real lose for them will come later when the case is heard).

I wonder what the judge thought of public laughing in open court at the AG when he said permit will be in place by Dec 8. Maybe now she will start to understand things that the public already knows.

What doesn't quite make sense about this letter to me is, does it state you still need to have applied for the nonexistent permit to buy a gun in even during the proposed two month extension (emphasis added)? :

"The letter from the DOJ said other parts of the measure should take effect as scheduled on Dec. 8, "including the process for applying for permits, the restrictions on large capacity magazines, and the requirement that background checks must be completed – and not just requested – before firearms can be transferred.""

What doesn't quite make sense about this letter to me is, does it state you still need to have applied for the nonexistent permit to buy a gun in even during the proposed two month extension (emphasis added)? :

"The letter from the DOJ said other parts of the measure should take effect as scheduled on Dec. 8, "including the process for applying for permits, the restrictions on large capacity magazines, and the requirement that background checks must be completed – and not just requested – before firearms can be transferred.""
Agree. I don't see how he can say that. The new "law" says nothing about you have to apply for a permit before you recieve your gun. It says you must have a permit before you can buy a gun, including live training etc etc. He is making up sh!t as he goes.

I hope judge doesn't, in effect, become a "silent partner" of their clusterfudge by allowing them to continue to bumble about. She should just shut it down. The promise made in court about Dec. 8 and then this about face should be enough to show they don't know what they are doing and will impede people's 2A rights. Hopefully she is smart enough to see that.

Last Edited:
"Oregon State Police has worked with Permit Agents regarding the application form for the Permit-to-Purchase."

Since there is no process in place to get a permit, I'm wondering who the 'Permit Agents' are...

Who are they?

Are they biased against the 2nd Amendment?

How did they get a 'Permit Agent' job before there were any permits to be issued?

(5) "Permit Agent" means a county sheriff or police chief with jurisdiction over the residence of the person making an application for a permit-to-purchase, or their designees.

BOSS: "Yeah, I'm gonna need you to work the night shift next Friday, and come in early on Saturday. You can pick another day of the week to observe the Sabbath".
We all know THAT ^^ would not fly!

On a funny note this classic comes to mind.

One side of me wants to see an injunction so people rights are not infringed until this can be struck down permanently.

On the other side, I would like to see the measure go into effect so it demonstrates how people rights are obviously infringed, the DOJ lies about a process being in place and forces an injunction with the additional lawsuits that would come.

The worse outcome is following what the DOJ requested.

I am surprised no one has sued over the last few years over the back door waiting period they have implemented with maintaining a backlog in the instant BGC process.

So can some of our more 2A supporting Sherrifs designate everyone who conducts the class as a "designee" or is there something that says they must be a LEO?

Nobody has even outlined what would be required to be "taught" in a permit class before they issue a permit. And nobody has even said who is authorized to teach these classes, or how many hours a class would be?
So without any of this in place it's a clear violation of the 2nd Amendment to stop any sales from proceeding until they did implement such a permit process.
Total BS!

One side of me wants to see an injunction so people rights are not infringed until this can be struck down permanently.

On the other side, I would like to see the measure go into effect so it demonstrates how people rights are obviously infringed, the DOJ lies about a process being in place and forces an injunction with the additional lawsuits that would come.

The worse outcome is following what the DOJ requested.

I am surprised no one has sued over the last few years over the back door waiting period they have implemented with maintaining a backlog in the instant BGC process.
I don't think that's what we want to happen. We don't want the delay to go through because it would stop some of the lawsuits. However, we DO want the injunction to go through in order to actually have the lawsuits. You don't need to show damages from an unconstitutional law.

A side issue is now facing us, and one that I brought up 3 weeks ago. The senate just called for an emergency meeting of the judiciary committee for December 7th. They still have a super majority so can push through anything they want and also invoke the emergency clause. That means funding and procedures will be put in place and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.

Time for everyone to call and email every member of the senate judiciary committee and ask them to NOT do anything until after the new congress is convened.

I don't think that's what we want to happen. We don't want the delay to go through because it would stop some of the lawsuits. However, we DO want the injunction to go through in order to actually have the lawsuits. You don't need to show damages from an unconstitutional law.

A side issue is now facing us, and one that I brought up 3 weeks ago. The senate just called for an emergency meeting of the judiciary committee for December 7th. They still have a super majority so can push through anything they want and also invoke the emergency clause. That means funding and procedures will be put in place and there isn't a damn thing we can do about it.

Time for everyone to call and email every member of the senate judiciary committee and ask them to NOT do anything until after the new congress is convened.
Corruption is on full display as well as their supporters of violation of human rights and the constitution.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top