JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Super green here and I'm hoping I can be forgiven for some of my ignorance if it presents itself...

As we approach the 8th, I need a tl;dr or some direction on some things. I've basically read the FAQ but need some extra info regardless.

It pains me to admit it, but I have to accept that I have a reading disability and need some help.

Recent background info.: I've been given the low down on 114 in relative extensive detail with someone very well versed on it. In so far now, I know my options are FFL's who are willing. Question is where to connect with an FFL within the state. I want to get things while I can and know that there are suppliers that are prioritizing orders to the state.

DM me if you feel inclined. Just need a compass at this point basically.

Last Edited:
You don't list the area you live in so it's difficult to say. Here is a thread where some are listed, but it's becoming more and more limited as they are being force to stop due to the backlog and any hope of finishing up BGC's before the 8th.

Your best option might be to contact local FFL's in your area and ask. At this point and time though... that boat might have already sailed.

Last Edited:
Doing my best out here. Please don't tear me down. We need to encourage each other right now, not tear each other down. At this point we'll be down stream from each other so be a good steward.
I don't think he meant that "toward" you. Just fustration at the situation like... "ffs... what can we tell this guy... that boat has sailed" kind of thing.

You might find "something"... so I tried to sugar coat it with "you can try".... but certaindeaf... was more blunt... "I got nothing for you, friend... you're about SOL." ;)

In person purchases you might still make it under the wire, however, we've been seeing some places getting so swamped that they are suspending new transactions simply because they can't keep up and... ethically.... taking on more business than they can possibly handle before the deadline doesn't help anyone.

I don't think he meant that "toward" you. Just fustration at the situation like... "ffs... what can we tell this guy... that boat has sailed" kind of thing.

You might find "something"... so I tried to sugar coat it with "you can try".... but certaindeaf... was more blunt... "I got nothing for you, friend... you're about SOL." ;)

In person purchases you might still make it under the wire, however, we've been seeing some places getting so swamped that they are suspending new transactions simply because they can't keep up and... ethically.... taking on more business than they can possibly handle before the deadline doesn't help anyone.
I got the drift. Trying anyway. I don't have a network so I'm here shooting my shot.

Anywhere in Oregon.
You could text or call BBT Arms after 9am today and see if they are still doing them. They are a home based FFL in Tigard area. 503-208-5495. I have not used them but based on google reviews customers seem happy. I do not know if they are releasing under 3 day rule, you will have to ask if that is important to you.

Last Edited:
You could text or call BBT Arms after 9am today and see if they are still doing them. They are a home based FFL in Tigard area. 503-208-5495. I have not used them but based on google reviews customers seem happy. I do not know if they are releasing on 3 day rule you will have to ask if that is important to you.
That was the trend I was meaning to mention. I'm aware of the 3 day rule. Genuinely, thank you the info.

At this point in time it's pretty unlikely gunshops will be able to field phonecalls, or reply to electronic inquiries.

It's also extremely unlikely any shops (gunshops nor pawnshops) will receive new transfers. ie anything you want to order online & have shipped in, isn't going to happen.

So that leaves: Shops with in stock inventory, and the rare shops that are still doing private party transfers. Private party transfers being what you would see here on our classifieds, and the 2 parties transfer.

Your best bet OP is to visit IN PERSON shops in your area & see if they may have any of your NEEDS in stock. Buy it & roll your dice with the queue...as well as the shops policy on "3 business day" vs not.

Given that you don't seem to be up to date on the situation, it would be unlikely you would fall into any shops "3 business day" policy.

Seems MOST shops "3 business day" policy is for known customers & customers with CHL's.

In Oregon a CHL is a concealed handgun license, which it doesn't sound like you have.

Simply start with a web search of gunshops / pawn shops in your area. Go to them. Today (if they are open) many are not open on sundays.

From the information posted on here, I would avoid Sportsmans Warehouse & Cabella/Bass. Seems that they are an all day affair.

Perhaps BiMart's, Coastal, Fisherman's Marine with a gun counter if you wish to try the chain store route. Further lessoning any chance of "3 business day" release.

Just need a compass at this point basically.
Order a bunch of tools. Make neat stuff in a 3D printer while you wait for your tools to arrive. Make more neat stuff when your tools arrive. Follow your local laws and regulations. Keep an eye out for a class action lawsuit to hop on after impact on Dec 8th. The advice to pick up mags now from nwslopoke is also sound. There isn't a good prediction on what the judge will do during oral arguments on Dec 2nd. Her background isn't too promising in my opinion.

Sadly @docwolf without a CHL you have a decreasing chance of getting anything at all with each passing day. The time would have been right after the 8th of November.. with the 8th of December passing if you're part of the unfortunates that get lumped into the wait line queue then I doubt you'll make it in time. The other shame is, there is no definitive answer as to what will happen to those lines as of the 8th.. some speculate the line just vanishes and the whole process starts over, others speculate that those in the system (in the queue line) are protected and will be honored. There is simply no info that lets us know what will take place.. so its a true gamble.

As for FFLS, google who is near you and either go in or call.. none of us can give solid answers as FFLs have their own policies with this 114 mess.

On top of that, you'll have to have an in depth talk with any FFL still allowing online purchases in December and see if they'll "hold" your firearm(s) until the permit system is created and in place.. because many may take issue with long term storage from online purchases. Its a messy situation. I truly hope you voted against 114 because this mess is all thanks to those who had "voted" in favor of it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top