JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm very satisfied with the 1-4 I have on my 16" carbine.

My 11.5" SBR I am able to hit man size targets at 200 yards using my irons. As well as minute of 10" gong at 100 yards. At 50 is where I've shot it the most and can group 2" with plain ole iron sights.

All of this is slowly going to turd as my eyes are slowly getting worse.

Reflex or dot sight is primarily what I'm looking at. So many options out there now. EOTech has its reputation and is battle proven. Yet they haven't seemed to update their tech in a while and newer options have superior battery life and other options. Yet, I don't know if any of those can be thrown off a cliff side and remain functional and zeroed. Not that I'll be doing that, just kind of my goal with the SBR is to be absolutely reliable and durable.

Aimpoints are just as battle tested as EOTechs without the drama.
EOTech Breaks Silence over Defective Sights

Last Edited:
A solid LPVO is a good way to go if one is will to put up with the increased weight, larger foot print, typically greater cost and more difficulty with irregular shooting positions, for the extended PID capability alone.
I'm very satisfied with the 1-4 I have on my 16" carbine.

My 11.5" SBR I am able to hit man size targets at 200 yards using my irons. As well as minute of 10" gong at 100 yards. At 50 is where I've shot it the most and can group 2" with plain ole iron sights.

All of this is slowly going to turd as my eyes are slowly getting worse.

Reflex or dot sight is primarily what I'm looking at. So many options out there now. EOTech has its reputation and is battle proven. Yet they haven't seemed to update their tech in a while and newer options have superior battery life and other options. Yet, I don't know if any of those can be thrown off a cliff side and remain functional and zeroed. Not that I'll be doing that, just kind of my goal with the SBR is to be absolutely reliable and durable.

If red dot is your interest, I'd look into the sig romeo - people have beat the hell out of them and they still work, plus they take a aa battery, and the "shake awake" technology maximizes battery life, plus I can leave it "on" and still never worry about battery life because it powers down when not touched.

I also have experience with the aimpoint pro, but still prefer the Romeo 5 option. The romeo 5 also works with NV is that is something you are into, I know the pro does also.

Aimpoints are just a battle tested as EOTechs.
True, I usually see them on sub guns over ARs in military use though. Not that it matters, I imagine both are used just as hard in military hands.

If red dot is your interest, I'd look into the sig romeo - people have beat the hell out of them and they still work, plus they take a aa battery, and the "shake awake" technology maximizes battery life, plus I can leave it "on" and still never worry about battery life because it powers down when not touched.

I also have experience with the aimpoint pro, but still prefer the Romeo 5 option. The romeo 5 also works with NV is that is something you are into, I know the pro does also.

I won't buy an optic made in China, it doesn't have to be made in the USA but it can't be made in China. To hell with those commie whores.

If I were to go Chinesium, it would be Holosun. A few of their Titanium models are on the list.

Any experience outside the realm of EOTech, Aimpoint, Trijicon?

Elcan? Others I'm not aware of?

Anything from Leupold worthy?

Vortex has a EOTech like optic? Anyone have it?

Super non sciencey tests but you'd be surprised by some of the outcomes especially the aimpoint don't get me wrong I'm an aimpoint and eotech fan boy so I'm not hating

Holosun 512 for red dot or an LPVO
Red Dot- I'd preferred Eotech, as I found the reticle faster to pick up, but the battery life X my lack of discipline changing them made me switch over to Aimpoints.
Tried a Holosun 512 a while ago and was sold, as were most of my Aimpoints shortly after.. Rock solid build, EOTech type reticle ( though can change to a dot if needed), shake awake and choice of auto or manual brightness, 50,000 hr battery life, but it'll use solar instead if there's enough light to power it.
It's basically my Trijicon SRS for 1/3 the price, 1/2 the weight and without the excitement of- will it turn on this time ?
As Chinese as they come, if another company makes something competitive within ~$200 , I'll consider it.

SRS left- Holosun right.

VtzMqR.jpg
VtznvZ.jpg

I suck at reticle pics....
Vtzc3e.jpg

There's a lot of Japanese LOW made 1-4's, 1-6's and 1-8's out there under Primary Arms/ Vortex/ Trijicon/Sig/Bushnell branding. Like American123 said above, there's a lot more flexibility with a daylight bright, low power variable. But they're also massively bigger noticeably heavier than a red dot, potentially more points of failure and battery life is universally bad. On the updside, you have an etched, always-there reticle. I'm running a Norden 1-6 and an Accupower 1-8. The Accupower has been discontinued, so this one was $860. Both are true 1X, great glass with excellent eye box, but obviously not as flexible there as a red dot.

Vtz09T.jpg

Holosun all the features of the Aimpoint and more with the reticle of an Eotech at 300$ plus 50k battery life. I have several aimpoints and eotechs and as long as your not putting it on a duty rifle thats going to get banged around and abused you will have no problems with holosun.

You might find DI Optical's line worth a look--the prism system is supposedly better for failing eyes, and they're used by the Korean military. My 10.3" briefcase-pistol has an FC1 on top.

I won't buy an optic made in China, it doesn't have to be made in the USA but it can't be made in China. To hell with those commie whores.
Look where Japan was in 1920 vs. where China is now in 2020. There will be conflict with them within the next 20 years.

History repeats itself.

Consumer lust for cheap goods is funding the Chinese war machine. Some of the politicians, I would argue, are ok with that. They are traitors.

But yeah, don't buy Chinese.....they are not in any way shape or form a friend to America.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top