JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am interested in the Tactical Solutions barrel, but was hoping for some input from those that have already purchased.
Accuracy results?
Ammo used?
General satisfaction?
Stocks chosen?
Pictures of guns and shot groupings would be awesome

Would you care for an opinion about an alternate 10/22 barrel?

Fedderson makes an outstanding 10/22 barrel. I have one that is direct replacement for the factory barrel so I didn't need a new stock. I'm not a good enough shooter to do it justice.

I have a cz452. It shoots like a dream. I've also got this ruger that sits here doing nothing. I'd like to see if I can get accuracy similar to the cz. In the same weight range. Alternate opinions welcome.

I asked Fedderson if his barrels where better then the green mountain barrel I was shooting,He replied by sending me a barrel and saying if you like it buy it if not send it back.
I now have two of his barrels.

I have the Tacsol barrel. Love it. It will shoot one ragged hole at 50 yards. Sorry no pics of groupings. It is very light. All together with scope the rifle it is on weighs less than another 10/22 with a stainless carbine barrel. Stock used is a hogue. I plan on getting a Boyd's down the road for this one so as to free float the barrel. May not though, I like it how it is at the moment. It will eat any ammo I feed it. But it is most accurate with Remington yellow jackets. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411570793.098831.jpg

I used a green mountain on my 10-22 build. I have shot 1/2" groups at 50 yards with it. It was about all I could get when I did my build and it was reasonably priced. I would replace it if it weren't outstanding but it is still in place after several years of use.

I have the same TacSol barrel and stock as Reno911 but I can't get the thing to shoot worth a damn. Even at 25 yards, I can't get the thing to group. I've tried ammo, barrel clamp tension, can on / off, even sent the scope back to Nikon with no avail. My Marine was home a few weeks back, and he couldn't do any better than I could do....so it's not me....:p I'm going to run it out to Brimstone and see what they say about it....and am looking for another barrel in the meantime.

Maybe I'm doing something stupid....but I sure don't think so.

I have the same TacSol barrel and stock as Reno911 but I can't get the thing to shoot worth a damn. Even at 25 yards, I can't get the thing to group. I've tried ammo, barrel clamp tension, can on / off, even sent the scope back to Nikon with no avail. My Marine was home a few weeks back, and he couldn't do any better than I could do....so it's not me....:p I'm going to run it out to Brimstone and see what they say about it....and am looking for another barrel in the meantime.

Maybe I'm doing something stupid....but I sure don't think so.

Could be the trigger. Ruger triggers aren't the greatest. Luckily 22 is still rarely cheap though hard to find. So spending more time behind the trigger is easily accomplished. Also lock down your rig. Try a lead sled or something. Get the rifle locked down and see if that helps. The barrel and stock shouldn't be causing the lack of precision they should add to it. Accuracy though is usually human generated.

Agreed....except my 10-22's trigger has had the attention of David out at Brimstone, and it's pretty amazing. And, my Marine (who consistently shoots Expert) couldn't do any better than I could off the bench, so I don't think it's a human caused mistake. I shoot quite a bit and shoot rifles well....I'm quite convinced this thing just won't group.

Twowheels....I'd freaking kill for a group like that......I need threads on the loud end, but I'll give Green Mountain a look see.

Agreed....except my 10-22's trigger has had the attention of David out at Brimstone, and it's pretty amazing. And, my Marine (who consistently shoots Expert) couldn't do any better than I could off the bench, so I don't think it's a human caused mistake. I shoot quite a bit and shoot rifles well....I'm quite convinced this thing just won't group.

Twowheels....I'd freaking kill for a group like that......I need threads on the loud end, but I'll give Green Mountain a look see.

It wasn't too bad. I was only sorry I pulled the third shot left. :)

Of course not all my groups are that good and I don't really enjoy the bench all that much--I'm more of an action shooter--but the little ruger with all the superb bits I put in it (fantastic kidd bolt and trigger, superb leupold rimfire scope, awesome green mountain barrel) really shoots.

Well, Green Mountain and I may do business. Looks like they have what I'm looking for.

Kevlar, looks like I will have a lightly used TacSol barrel for sale in the very near future......:)

Tactical Solutions makes a lot of different 10/22 barrels...

I got the TacSol SB-X because it minimizes the overall length with suppressor while staying legal. The rest of the 10/22 is near stock, and it's already better than my old eyes and shaky hands, so it's not worth further investment.
1210005cc.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads