JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I was out guideing a rat huntin trip last weekend and I saw a guy with a sweet tricked out 10/22. Supressor, short little bull barrell, the whole nine yards. But what really got my interest was his stock. It was a synthetic stock(looked like it had a well done home rattle can paint job) and a Para wire style side folder. This thing was sweet. So know I've spent like 30 hours on the internet trying to track it down. The closest thing I could find was the Buttler Creek folding stock. Really close to the same thing it just had a compleatly different grip and it didint have that top box shaped sleeve that you see on them with factory stocks. So heres my question Gentlemen, what stock am I looking for? And/or can you change out the grip on the Buttler Creek stock? The one I saw on this guys gun that came down to shoot sage rats didint have the finger grooves like the Buttler Creek, and it was most deffanantly synthetic.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions in advance.

did it look like a mini 14 factory folding stock ? thats what it soulds like. ramline made some for the ruger 10/22 back in the 80s

then there is the ramline para folder these are not as rare and i am not sure
if they are still made they look cool but are all black plastic

or could be a bubba stock i have done 3 bubba stocks myself including a underfolder, a wire slider and a super lightweight collapsable.

It didnt look like a ramline, angles where off. And I dont think it was a mini 14 because arnt those under folders? This one folded to the left side. And bubba like home made right? And as for the painted wood that is compleatly possable but it really looked like it was synthetic. The way it was textured and looked but i could be off on my assumption.

I wish I didnt have so much tunnell vision on the rats popping up and trying to do the "guide" thing (and stareing at what suppressors they where useing? and just asked him

Is that an option through the factory or is that a garage project? Can the grips be switched out on the Choate and what wire stock would you have to use to do this?
Sorry for all the questions but I am now alittle infatuated with how this rifle looks and Im thinking about building one up like it.

And what Im seeing with the Choate stock is that it folds to the right and not the left, enableing the rifle to be used while the stock was folded.. I dont think thats the one Im trying to track down...

well beats me must be something new or something home made

here is one of my bubba projects from back before the gsg5 i wanted a .22 that felt like a Hk94
i tried it with a 10/22 and it did not work well then i did this

just after getting to this point i started seeing the ads for the GSG5 coming soon so i did'nt go any further but shows what you can do if you put your mind to it.

and yes that is a working forward cocking handle . and its lighter than the gsg5

I have an ATI 6-pos folding stock. Just waiting on a deal for internals + one of those barrels that enclosed a suppressor to allow short/overall barrel w/o the SBR.

Kind of sounds like the OP description. Was only about $60 new.

AGP?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336024678.081436.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336024678.081436.jpg

A whole lot like that on acctually. He had a short little barrell on it so that might be it. But i think it had a longer once peice foregrip and it was a mettal wire stock. Maybe it was a home made stock. I cant beleive no one makes one like this. Besides buttler creek of coure, but that is such a limmitted stock for me because of the grip they put on there