JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You are most likely talking about the landing up on crooked finger just outside of Scotts Mills. I personally don't shoot the because I shoot in my back yard but I have been up there a few times and it really looks like it would be a good place to. Also if you like 4 wheeling or riding dirtbike or 4 wheelers there are several miles of trails to play on. One word of advice though, watch out for the rednecks they like to drink and play with guns which is never a good mixture. 99% of the time though if you go during the week there wont be hardly anyone else up there.

Yes thats it I remember the name Crooked Finger Road. How would I get there from say Silverton?
I belong to 4 Corners gun club but they make you shoot rifles through a barrel sitting down.

go through Scots Mills, take a right on crooked finger road. Stay on crooked finger it's a long one. You will come to camp Dakota, soon after you will cross a cattle gaurd and the road will turn to gravel. You will see milage markings on the tree's mostly on the right hand side of road. Look for the four and a half marker(there will be two) after the second one a short distance you will see a road on the left, there is a big puddle where you turn. The landing pad is a large flat area with about 250 yrds of shooting. It's the only area for shooting up there anymore. Go early and shoot into the berm on the far end, roads run on both sides of the pad. Hope that helps

That used to be my main spot for shooting. Just FYI though, some rangers from the forest dept. came and talked to me and a buddy the last time. They just want to make sure that everyone that goes up there either carries a gallon or so of water or a full sized shovel. Military shovels don't count. They were super nice guys. The place was pretty clean the last time I was up there though!

Was up there today. Heckuva nice day for shooting.
Coordinates are N. 44.900
W. 122.512 for those of you who are GPS inclined. Or if not just send me a PM, I'd be happy to run up there with you. It's about 35 minutes or so from my house.
-Curtis

Great spot... when it's not too packed.

I was up there recently having a wonderful Saturday afternoon. After a while, a few cars came rolling in together as a group, carrying several young gentlemen. It was all fine and dandy until...

These goofs start throwing clays (by hand) up in the air and shooting at them WITH PISTOLS. It was a little disconcerting to say the least.

STOP........scotts mills IS indeed near Silverton, but the LOCAL silverton area to go shoot is out towards the falls.......head out toward silverfalls state park. Leaving from silverton........When you pass the little market about 10 miles up silverfalls hwy you will see a Y in the road at what is called "DRAKES CROSSING".......turn LEFT.....there is a Nursery on the right and the Volunteer Fire Dept on the left.......take first RIGHT just BEFORE Nursery.......road starts out as paved for first 1/2 mile.....then gravel. Go approx 5 miles back from this point and you will notice the BLM clear cut area open up......TONS of spots to set up for shooting.......NOBODY out there and you are about 2 miles past the last residential area on that road. Very scenic also. Enjoy

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top