JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which one ?

• Springfield Hellcat Pro

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Walther PDP

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Beretta APX A1

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
I like my 300bo pistol but unfortunately I live in an apartment atm and neighbors are too close. But boy 30 rounds of 300bo in close quarters will certainly put most intruders in the upside down.
Yea 300BO in a pistol is pretty amazing. .556 in pistol is excellent as well but for shorter range and benefits of suppression etc it's such a cool round. And if you use a stock folding adapter or a foxtrot Mike, brn-180 etc upper (ie that have no buffer) the gun can be tiny.

.556 vs 300 BO muzzle energy by barrel length.

DEB5C4DE-AC75-49DA-B5EC-6AAD82BD5180.jpeg

Last Edited:
So let me get this straight, you don't like your 1911 and want virtually the same as your Glock 19? Sounds to me like your money will be better spent on training and ammo. I guess I'm the wrong one to ask I'm a CZ, Sig, 1911, and both single action and double action revolver fan boy. There is a whole world out there for you to explore. As I always say, the correct number of guns is just one more. I told you what my night stand gun is, today I was packin' a CZ P-10M one of the softest shooting sub compact 9mms'. Other days I carry a 40 Shield. I'm waiting for a new holster for my Sig 229 in 357 Sig. I'll pack that around and see how I like it. See it's good to step out of the 9mm box.

The Glock G19, which has been recommended multiple times, would be an excellent choice. I had it's bigger brother once, the G17 (why a 17 is bigger than a 19 is a good question, shouldn't the bigger number be bigger?), but wanted to settle on DA/SA which is what I did. Good luck with the quest Nate.

I've fired lots of different handguns, but none of the 3 on your list, so sorry that I also didn't answer your question. I do believe that you are approaching this the correct way. Shooting a couple of finalists would be suggested as well, before you buy if possible.

I just run out and buy them, try them, then sell them. Now that I'm not working and funds are tighter, not sure I want to keep that up:- )

Hopefully the 80+ posts on this thread will benefit others who are looking for guns.
I guarantee you nearly all of us have similar stories. That's why most folks here are recommending you try before you buy, even if it means going out of your way to find one available for rental. IMO it's better to invest that time up front than throw down hundreds of dollars on something you might not like. Or you can roll the dice - it's your money, your choice.
^^^ I think this is the sage wisdom that many on this thread, and others in the past, are trying to impart into the conversation.

Asking for absolute recommendations on a specific handgun on a firearms forum is similar to deciding upon a spouse based on Yelp reviews. At best you can look at the bad comments and see if any are deal breakers. After that, you have to go on a few dates and see what you think. Betting we all agree that a few trips to ranges to "date" a German an Italian and a Croatian will cost you much less than dates to Rudy's Steakhouse, a show at Moda (unless you get carjacked), lunch at Timberline Lodge.

If you need input on redheads, happy to help with this as well. :cool:

So, is the OP looking for validation on what they/them has already determined here? They/them is arguing almost every post that contains some VERY useful advice. Sometimes I do the same, keep asking people the same question until I get the answer I originally wanted, then I go buy that gun :p. Lots of similarities going on here and I speak from experience.

I asked "meaning without a holster?"
Snot replied "I didn't say without a holster."
He still hasn't answered the question so his "answers" are not answers and are open to interpretation. I interpret his answer to be he'll do the dumbest thing possible, ie carry without a holster.
You were supposed to say " yes , he did " so we could go back and forth a few times.
Read the script already.

I asked "meaning without a holster?"
Snot replied "I didn't say without a holster."
He still hasn't answered the question so his "answers" are not answers and are open to interpretation. I interpret his answer to be he'll do the dumbest thing possible, ie carry without a holster.
He obviously knows more than the rest of us…. Not sure why he's here asking for advice. We should be asking him.

Where's the fun in that? I feel like we have at least 5 more pages of ridiculousness before it goes dark, only to be raised from the dead years later by a member using the search function.
I'd miss so much if I put people on ignore. Lol. Yet plenty have added me to their list.

Their loss. Haha

I'd miss so much if I put people on ignore. Lol. Yet plenty have added me to their list.

Their loss. Haha
A member here put me on ignore and I have no idea why? I've never interacted with them as far as I can remember.

They posted a thread and I responded, then seen other people responding but didn't see the post they were referencing. So I logged out and sure enough 😆 🤣

Gotta say I've been on several forums over the years from music equipment forums to car forums and surprisingly I've never seen so many grown men so quick to put each other on ignore as this forum. I figured a gun forum would have more grit, lol.

A member here put me on ignore and I have no idea why? I've never interacted with them as far as I can remember.

They posted a thread and I responded, then seen other people responding but didn't see the post they were referencing. So I logged out and sure enough 😆 🤣

Gotta say I've been on several forums over the years from music equipment forums to car forums and surprisingly I've never seen so many grown men so quick to put each other on ignore as this forum. I figured a gun forum would have more grit, lol.
You thought wrong. Lol

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads