JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The keyholing issue was a known defect with the early TX22 pistols. The barrels were made wrong. A phone call to Taurus and a new barrel was on the way. Mine keyholed when I first got it, but it shoots fine with the new barrel. It's not as precisely accurate as my old Ruger, but it's proven itself to be very reliable.

I have the TX22 Competition model. I had to try several different ammos to find what it liked. I have installed a green dot optic and this pistol is accurate and runs great.

I also have a S&W Victory that I purchased several years ago. It will run any 40gr.ammo and my go-to rounds are the Mini Mags. Open sights on this one are very good.

I would recommend either one. Take down is a little easier on the TX22. The Victory requires removing a single Allen head bolt.

22 revolvers are so much more versatile. From cb caps, subsonics, shot, 22 shorts, 22l, and 22lr's. Some of the best close range instinctive shooting was when I had a rat problem in the chicken coop. 22 shot shells worked wonders and I didn't put any holes in the coop. A bit more $$ but it's an investment.

View attachment 1753311
Yep, I have found this to be true as well. I have a MK1 45/8 bull bbl, had it for many years. My preference is a Smith 34(?) kit gun-type 2", does everything a .22 revolver needs to do for me. Looked for one many years before the Right One crossed my path. (Right One defined as Availability, Condition, Discretionary Wealth) I keep it handy... Ya never know when that slippery fella Mr Justin Case will come around...

During last few panic shortages I would buy that stuff when it was there. Never had any problem with it in any of my many .22's. For some reason the same ammo with the same name "bulk packed" did not work quite as well. Never was sure was it actually different or was it the bulk packing that make it less reliable? In any case the stuff packed in plastic like that always has worked for me.
I just learned something from you guys.. Never-Ever throw your away your hard plastic cases even on a rimfire.
Besides the 162-9mm than were loaded in the magazines,
I have another 185 22LR ready to rock!
5-17 rounds for TX22 handgun
4-25 rounds for TM22 rifle.
"The Sprayer"
cat-potty-cat.gif

1703648880614.jpeg

D'ya gotta have all the doo-dads? If not, a used Ruger Standard 22 pistol from the 60s or 70s will last forever. The 5.5" bull-barrel target models especially nice. I cannot wear my $49 1973 Standard model out.

D'ya gotta have all the doo-dads? If not, a used Ruger Standard 22 pistol from the 60s or 70s will last forever. The 5.5" bull-barrel target models especially nice. I cannot wear my $49 1973 Standard model out.
I have long suspected its not really possible for a normal human to wear one of those out in a normal lifetime. First pistol I ever had that was mine was on of the old MK standards. It was well worn when I got it and I have to have burned a train car load of ammo through it. Let someone who just had to have it buy it from me and its probably still cranking along. The MK II I bought when I started dating my wife and wanted to teach her to shoot we have had for almost 30 years now. It has burned untold K of ammo and shows no sign of ever stopping. I suspect when we shuffle off one of the kids will never be able to wear the damn thing out.

The keyholing issue was a known defect with the early TX22 pistols. The barrels were made wrong. A phone call to Taurus and a new barrel was on the way. Mine keyholed when I first got it, but it shoots fine with the new barrel. It's not as precisely accurate as my old Ruger, but it's proven itself to be very reliable.
I truly hope its just a sight issue and I wont have to replace the barrel on the TX22. Before I bought this, I really went to the entire specs and Its not a lot of full size firearm that has the light weight, with a 17 round magazine. Whenever I transfer from a 9mm to the TX22 on target sessions, It feels like a feather. As soon as I get this straighten out, I'll take it to an outdoor shooting and see how it performs on a long shot.
However on my other Taurus G3X which is a 9mm, that one is really right on the money. I been firing that alot and the most and I began to like it so much. After 8 months of continuously using it, I end up snagging another one and this time its a compact G3C..
I couldn't pas it up beside one of our buddies at Bi-Mart gave me a closing item discount, the 30 bucks rebate and its a TORO too. :s0140: I hope the slide of this GC3 will fit on the G3X... I have a red dot sitting and just collecting dust. Might as well put it to use.

1703674163881.png

Last Edited:
How did Jennings 22 not make the list???
Because it is known to be unreliable. Ask me how I know...
Im curious, but don't doubt the unreliability and have seen many reviews that confirm. Without owning one, I grew up hearing lots about saturday night specials/ring of fire drama from leos and politicians in the southern california area. Nothing against any group or culture, but those factories were known to hire non-english speakers to work machines ha (look up preban cooper magazines, some wouldn't fit magazine wells and others only had 3 spot welds haha).

Seriously dude, you have issues. Take it to someone who GAF.
Look "dude", you brought this on yourself when you quoted and bashed me having never interested with me before. My original comment was to a mod and they didn't seem to take issue, why are you?!? Not sure what you are trying to accomplish by continuing to escalate here. Really, get over it and troll elsewhere. To keep the thread clean, please PM me if one of your personalities still needs to go on. Otherwise, have a great day, eve, night, and morning-we love all types here!

About 30 years ago I had a brand new specimen (my father's) go kaboom on the first box of ammo through it. I was fine, but the pistola was no more. Legendary Jennings quality! :s0155:
The one I had didnt have a chance to explode, it was a jammin jenny that never fired a full mag. It went into the "buy-back" pile along with a couple other abominations that were thrown in on trades. Should anyone be so bold and stupid as to have a "buy-back" around here I'll turn them in. They are frankly useless for anything else. Heheheheh....

The one I had didnt have a chance to explode, it was a jammin jenny that never fired a full mag. It went into the "buy-back" pile along with a couple other abominations that were thrown in on trades. Should anyone be so bold and stupid as to have a "buy-back" around here I'll turn them in. They are frankly useless for anything else. Heheheheh....
All of those "Ring of Fire" guns were well known to be questionable at best. Some did of course work but, at the price point what did people really expect? Back LONG ago when I was in AZ and we could not get a CC law passed I bought one of the Davis .380's. Back then it was legal to carry a pistol in the glove box. So a shop had these for $50 and I bought one. Ran several mags of ammo through it and it did work. So it rode the glove box with the idea that if it got stolen not worth crying over. Sold it decades later for twice what I paid for it. In its life it had only ever fired a couple boxes of ammo. The way they were made they were not something to make a range fun gun out of but, a lot of them did work at least for a while. People today often point to High Point as a comparable gun. Price point they are in today's dollars but, guns are not even in the same league. Many video's of people buying HP's with the idea of breaking them for fun and finding out it can be extremely hard to break them. Those old ring of fire guns would NOT be hard to break as many of them broke themselves just by firing them :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews