JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Better to get it while we can so all we have to do is worry about rounds. By the way I got this on the way home. I'm not sure if its any good. It says bullet style plated lead round nose, 40 grain. 1255 fps.

Remington_22L_Golden_Bullet.jpg

Better to get it while we can so all we have to do is worry about rounds. By the way I got this on the way home. I'm not sure if its any good. It says bullet style plated lead round nose, 40 grain. 1255 fps.

View attachment 1756980
During last few panic shortages I would buy that stuff when it was there. Never had any problem with it in any of my many .22's. For some reason the same ammo with the same name "bulk packed" did not work quite as well. Never was sure was it actually different or was it the bulk packing that make it less reliable? In any case the stuff packed in plastic like that always has worked for me.

During last few panic shortages I would buy that stuff when it was there. Never had any problem with it in any of my many .22's. For some reason the same ammo with the same name "bulk packed" did not work quite as well. Never was sure was it actually different or was it the bulk packing that make it less reliable? In any case the stuff packed in plastic like that always has worked for me.
Hi,
Since I'm new here, I was just wondering if each member has an equipment profile so one can view some of his helpful information. Maybe I'm not just seeing it due to my insufficient credentials.
What was the .22LR you have?

What do you mean by equipment profile?
What I mean is like if you want to see someones profile like for example this is mine on high fidelity and everyone can see it when the click my profile. So when we have a conversation, I can easily go back to the topic for I can see what his equipment is and what may be he's talking about. Otherwise I will kindly might have to ask him again what gun or magazine for I wouldn't really remember or unfamiliar since I'm just new.

1699325062292.jpeg

Hi,
Since I'm new here, I was just wondering if each member has an equipment profile so one can view some of his helpful information. Maybe I'm not just seeing it due to my insufficient credentials.
What was the .22LR you have?
Have a few 10/22 Rifles, couple MK Pistols, then a few smaller .22 autos. All of them seem to have pretty much the same "taste" in ammo. Ammo that does not work well in one seems to not work well in any of them.

Have a few 10/22 Rifles, couple MK Pistols, then a few smaller .22 autos. All of them seem to have pretty much the same "taste" in ammo. Ammo that does not work well in one seems to not work well in any of them.
Is your rifle an AR10 with a 22LR conversion kit?
I went to Cabellas this morning an they have a lot of nice .22 pistols including MK. This lady that I talked to, she owns a Taurus .22 competition. She said she can shoot that gun all day long . I can see why. The miracle is the rounds are so reasonable.
Hopefully I will have the same ammo acquirement in the hand gun and the 22LR rifle. The only thing that the dealer told me is try to use the plated ones not the lead.

.... The only thing that the dealer told me is try to use the plated ones not the lead.
That does not help much what the dealer told you Imo. I would totally ignore that advice. The very best rounds imo (eley match) are not plated. Decent rounds such as cci standard velocity, federal auto match, and others are not plated. Some horrible rounds are plated.

Fwiw here is my ranking of various rounds from my experience from another thread:

Here is where I would rank based on reliability (most important to me), consistency (2nd for me and consistency actually translates to "accuracy"), cleanliness (3rd). Based on about 50-60 different guns over the last 30-40 years. 10 = best

10 - Eley match
7.75 - American eagle suppressor
7.75 - cci mini mag
7.75 - cci suppressor
7 - cci stinger
7 - cci velocitor
6.5 - federal champion
6.5 - federal automatch
6.5 - federal gold medal match
6.5 - cci standard velocity
5 - cci blazer when new
5 - American eagle
4 - Any aguila except subsonic
4 - Winchester white box
3.5 - Remington golden bullet
3 - aguila 60 grain subsonic
1.5 - cci quiet 710? Fps, (NOT quiet semi-auto)
1.5 - cci quiet segmented
1.5 - cci short cb
1.5 - cci long cb
1 - federal value pack (NOT value pack champion)
1 - Remington thunder bolt
1 - aguila very low velocity (colibre)

Have not used armscorp, tenex, sk, cci clean-22, polymer coated, and others.

Excellent information. I'll take not on that one.
Actually the TM22 rifle dealer and the CMMG .22LR conversion for AR15 basically point out more on the grain and coating..

"We tend to test fire with *Federal Champion 36gr 22LR copper plated hollow points*, as they're relatively inexpensive but run with high reliability."
It was something to start with in my previous position.
These are the one I fired in the pistol and came out really good!
cci mini mag
stinger
velocitor

I also have a box of federal 36 grain hollow point copper coated that I havent tried yet on the rifle.

I went to Cabellas this morning an they have a lot of nice .22 pistols including MK. This lady that I talked to, she owns a Taurus .22 competition. She said she can shoot that gun all day long . I can see why. The miracle is the rounds are so reasonable.
Hopefully I will have the same ammo acquirement in the hand gun and the 22LR rifle. The only thing that the dealer told me is try to use the plated ones not the lead.
No I have a few Ruger 10/22's. In the past I have had a couple conversion kits for an AR. They were OK to play with but twist on the barrel is not correct for the .22LR bullets and accuracy suffered. They were OK for playing with.

The Ruger MK series has long been a "bench mark" other .22's are judged by. They are of course not for everyone but, the way they have such a large market share tells you a lot. There is a TON of after market stuff for them due to how many are out there. Very hard to go wrong with one. Handle a few of the flavors and see which one feels best to you. Other than the MKIII LITE I have never been disappointed by any of them I have owned over many decades of shooting. Fist hand gun I had of my own was an original MK back in the early 70's. I don't think you can wear one out. The MKIV is to me hands down the best idea they ever came out with since hitting the market with these little pistols.

No I have a few Ruger 10/22's. In the past I have had a couple conversion kits for an AR. They were OK to play with but twist on the barrel is not correct for the .22LR bullets and accuracy suffered. They were OK for playing with.
Great advise. Sidetrack a bit on the pistol. this is what I have on the 22LR long ones. It turn out to be so fun to fire for a .22 and it can get pretty close especially after I get a good sight. Now it feels like I don't wanna open the 22LR conversion kit for my AR15 anymore. I think I should just leave it alone for a sole 5.56. Just for the TX-22 pistol, this TM22 rifle and plenty of magazines. Its a blast! :s0024:

1699336312043.jpeg

The Ruger MK series has long been a "bench mark" other .22's are judged by. They are of course not for everyone but, the way they have such a large market share tells you a lot. There is a TON of after market stuff for them due to how many are out there. Very hard to go wrong with one. Handle a few of the flavors and see which one feels best to you. Other than the MKIII LITE I have never been disappointed by any of them I have owned over many decades of shooting. Fist hand gun I had of my own was an original MK back in the early 70's. I don't think you can wear one out. The MKIV is to me hands down the best idea they ever came out with since hitting the market with these little pistols.
Have you done lots of modifications on your Ruger?

Hello all!

Undecided on which pistol to get. Looking for opinions and experiences.

It would be for just plinking around.

I'm between the Mark IV or the TX22 Competition.

I've read good things about both, but the extra capacity for the TX22 is appealing. I know Taurus has made some changes for the better in the last couple years, made in America now.

Any experience with one or the other?

Thank you!

View attachment 1752987 View attachment 1752988
Colt Woodsman if you find one
Totally accurate out of the box, no jams it doesn't matter the .22 ammo you use and easy to to clean.
Fairly expensive

My TX22 would keyhole Fed Automatch, but ate Remington Golden Bullets with great accuracy. After a couple thousand rounds, it would shoot the Automatch well, but I'd already traded all of it away for the Remington GB's...

My TX22 would keyhole Fed Automatch, but ate Remington Golden Bullets with great accuracy. After a couple thousand rounds, it would shoot the Automatch well, but I'd already traded all of it away for the Remington GB's...
Thanks for letting us know. I been thinking about that Remington GB. Is that a 36 grain?
I am currently using a federal champion 36 grain. The performance on the TX22 is between good to very category. But it is superb on my TM22-LR rifle.
I wanna try the golden bullets in the TX22. Where can I get that locally?
PS. I am having a slight issue on the original rear sight adjustments. After I set it upwards which is right on the dot, fret a few shots the sight goes down. I don't want to put a different sight on this firearm for I want to keep it original. 2 nights ago, I put a locktite on the up and down screw and see if its gonna hold. Any takes? This is probably one of the best in for a 22LR.
Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top