JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Oh boy. Held at the fairground in Enumclaw, WA. Same venue as last month, which I decided not to attend. This time around, I was fully rested, etc., so made the trip. For me, this so-called gun show was a complete Toad Eruption. Sparsely attended by both vendors and general members, near as I could see. The changes to the laws have bitten deeply into this activity. The word moribund comes to mind. I have to wonder how much longer they can keep up this sham. I live in Snohomish Co., to drive down to Enumclaw deep in King Co. is 70 miles each way, 140 miles RT. I'm not gonna do it again for this venue. I might be better served to go to Centralia.

When I-594 came into effect, I joked about WAC shows, "Hey, if these get any smaller, they can hold them in a phone booth." It's really getting down to that now, except phone booths have already gone the way that gun shows are going. Non existent.

I wouldn't have thought to buy a gun at this show today,. Because of new Wash. state laws. The gun show routine now to buy one is, you give your money to the seller; the seller gives the gun to a dealer. So the seller goes away with your money, the dealer goes away with your gun, you go home with no money and no gun. There is supposed to be some meet-up after the waiting period has passed. Too flaky for me.

Prices of guns at this show, what I looked at, handguns and shotguns, the prices were about double what you might buy them for at Cabela's. I did find a nice, old Weaver K6W scope for $20 and a box of 120 M2 .308 bullets for $10. But it was a long drive for those.

When I moved to Wash. in 1987, the population was 4.5 million. These days, it's over 8 million. And everybody brought several vehicles with them when they came here. Judging by weekend traffic, I have to wonder if that 8 million number is even correct.

I've been a member of WAC since about 1994.

For those of us who remember the heyday of the WAC shows (the ones in the big building, sometimes requiring a second building, in the Puyallup fairground when there were deals to be had, vendors from all over the west coast, ID, MT, WY, AZ, when the buildings were buzzing, the current state of gun shows in the state is totally depressing. Yes, the laws foisted on us since 2014 have killed off the gun shows.

Back in the day, I'd typically be through the entrance on Saturday at opening, by noon, I'd have bought several pistol mags, at least one old S&W or Colt revolver, maybe a new SIG or 1911 from one of the gun shops that had a table, a tee shirt, a couple old books and I'd grab a couple cases of ammo on the way out the door. I don't think I've bought one thing at any of the last three or four WAC shows I've attended.

But the best part of the shows used to be running into guys you hadn't seen for a while, or making new friends, just hanging out with a couple thousand like-minded folk, shooting the $h1t and discussing 2A/RKBA matters, the upcoming hunting season, politics and everything else.

And it's gonna be interesting to see how many gun retailers will be able to stay in business.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top