JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a bunch of scumbags. Todd, let us know what you've learned.

I tracked down the address and went by the owner of C and C's gun sales house today in Vancouver. I didn't get an answer to the door, but there was a van in the driveway and at least 2 dogs in the house and the window was open, so I know they still live there. I left them a note in the mailbox, will see if I get a response. If not, I'll go by there daily until I get to talk to someone. I'm not messing around, I want my guns back.

Well i got my money back from visa today,
the wife called on friday the 8th (visa) and filed a false / fraud / no services provided report, and got a full refund today.
I gave a whole month for C & C to make this right.
this info has been told to me by my wife the P.I. of house wife's
my wife has tracked down their parents phone # and address (the FFL #'s in mom's name) and has talked to mom and dad once ea. and they both gave the same story about the whole family and grand kids all being sick and that the store would open soon. these conversations were around mid & late February
my wife told me their FFL was expired in late 2012 and some other business license as well expired.
there not registered with the better business bureau.
one of 3 of their sign's on the store door this last month said that while they were out sick they were working on restocking the store. this i knew was crap because in the last 5 years and 5 guns i had bought from them they had never "stocked" up their store.
case in point i went in to buy a glock 19 last year and they did not have one in stock, and i joking said how do you not carry the best selling glock made? the answer was they are hard to get! ok can you order one? yes, great great i said order it and i will pay you now , ok he's on the computer and say's ok the distributor has it do you just want one? (jokingly) i say yes.... oh he says well they have 24 of them ha ha, so i said good how many are you getting for you guys here to sell?? ........... ah none.. WTF how do you not stock a glock 19 and stay in business. that's when i was worried for there future as a business to stay afloat.
now don't get me all wrong there were some things these two brothers did right to help out there customers that i did like, like they would get right on the computer and order you up things that were not in stock and give you a price right their and I liked that. so i tried to give them business when i could.
from now on i will always pay a deposit with a credit card. even if it cost 3% me more, that's cheap insurance.
If i have paid in cash like the other guy that posted here i would file a police report for theft or something similar.

this is a copy of a email that a rep from Rock River sent to C & C last week and them forwarded to me

To whom it may concern,

I have had one of your customers call me concerned about a rifle they have on order with you. They are not able to get in contact with you and state that your doors are locked and are not able to leave any messages. I would like to follow up with you to make sure that these orders are valid. The FFL that we currently have on file does not show valid in ATF EZ-Check website. Have you received a new FFL? I would like to get this cleared up so we can assist the customer. If you could please get back me ASAP it would be much appreciated.

Thanks, (name removed)

This is the certified letter I am sending to them today. I am so pissed that I am having to deal with this crap! :

3-15-2013

Charles Hosman or Linda Hosman or Jacob Hosman or Zebula Hosman
15118 SE Greenpark St
Vancouver, WA 98683

To whom it may concern:
You have 5 guns I own consigned at your business. As your business has been closed and not open for over 4 weeks as of today, I consider you no longer in business and in default of our agreement to consign and sell said guns for me.
I want all my guns back in my possession. Our agreement is null and void at this point.
The guns in question are:
Remington Model 1100 12 gauge shotgun, serial number *******
Colt All American model 2000 9 mm with one 15 round magazine, serial number *******
Franchi 20 gauge Quail Unlimited, new in box, never fired, serial number ********
Winchester Super X – model I 12 gauge, Mississippi Flyway, new in box, never fired, serial number ******
Browning A5 12 gauge , serial number ******
I have contacted the ATF and they have given me a couple options to deal with you. The first option is this notice demanding my guns back. The second is official notice that you must contact me within 24 hours of receipt of this notice or I will consider the guns STOLEN and file a police report declaring them stolen. At that point the guns will be flagged in the system as STOLEN and I will do everything in my consider power of time and resources to make sure you go to jail for STEALING them.
Thus, I would advise you to contact me within 24 hours of you signing for this letter to avoid that from happening.
Sincerely,

Marc ******
503-******* my cell

Ok, this is a slow process for sure, but I think I am making some progress. What I need now is everyone who has something consigned to send me their name and phone numbers. Add in what you have consigned if you wish, but it's mainly just a contact list at this point to be forwarded to the owner of the property to show how many people are involved.

Thanks, Marc

Ok just went by the store. Closed/locked. Also there was a Sherriff letter stating pay or be evicted. Thought I would let you guys know if you need info.

A4E8692A-1CC4-4508-96BC-D1A638B2D34D-10532-00000B04B2FE7092_zps3e7a669c.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love Zeb and Jake to death. They have treated ne very well over the years. I share a lot of concerns with you guys. They currently have $220 if mine for a lower receiver order. I am not even the slightest bit mad that the lower didn't come in with today's market being what it is. But if they are out of business, I would like my money back. Keep me posted on what's going on.

BTW, whoever put the sign on their door to come to this website, thank you.

I recently had the worst case of asian flu ever.. it's been going around.. 5 weeks later my ears are still not fully opened (inner ear issues) and just a few days ago the dry cough ended, but I can tell you even with all that I could have answered the messages and phone calls, weeks ago

Not returning your guns on demand.. no excuse for that

Blitzkrieg- I agree, no excuse for that. There are four people in that family capable of opening the shop, 6 if you count Zeb and Jake's significant others (if they haven't left them by now). Of course the mom won't even answer the door on my repeated visits to their house. Nor will she take delivery of the certified letter I sent. Guess I will see if the sheriff's process server has more luck next...

The store is into me for about 5k

I saw Jake at Burgerville on 164 a few weeks back.
Let me see if I have this right

It's Obama's fault
It's international bankers fault
The gun business is very complex
Somebody got sick
Somebody needs surgery
It's the suppliers fault
It's the broken computers fault
Sorry only my brother can write a check.
Don't worry my parents will take a second house loan and pay you off (I'm not kidding about that one)

I think I may have left one or two additional "dog ate my homework" reasons out. I lost count

I have tried to give them every chance to make this right.
It's not going to happen.
Proving fraud is tough and most PD's will not even take a report if it's about a business.
I called VPD and they said get a lawyer but if enough of us get together and approach the police with mass and a timeline they may have to pay attention.
Just a thought
Thank you

EPMason... how can you "love Zeb and Jake to death?" They are doing this on purpose. They aren't sick. They are just choosing to ignore the situation like it is somehow going to go away! It is ridiculous the lack of professionalism and integrity they possess. Myself, like so many others, just need 5 minutes of their "precious" time with them in their shop for us to get our guns back. But due to the whole family's lack of anything close to civilized behavior, they are blocking us from getting our money, guns, or whatever else they are holding hostage back from them. It is sad that these "business owners" choose to treat their customers. But don't worry, the storm is coming...

They have always treated me well and I have it in my nature to give people the benefit of the doubt. I make it a point not to jump to conclusions until I have all the evidence at hand. I certainly understand your frustration though and I am not at all saying you are wrong for reacting the way you are, I am just saying that I have my own way of reacting.

That's exactly what I did. I gave them time and opportunity to even up.
Too much as it turns out.
Every time I went in asking for an accounting they had a very good excuse as to why it could not happen at that time, but " check with us later"
When I started asking for my property back it had been magically just sold with a large down payment so the funds were not available just yet.
I work out of the country so the time would laps by.
It seemed the phone would not pick up more often or the MSG bank would be full.
Yes they always treated me well also. That is right up to the time they closed the doors with thousands of my money and not so much as a phone call.
I hope your faith in their honesty and good nature plays out.

wow, i knew something shady was going on during my final visit inside of their crappy store a few months ago. something seemed way, way off by how zeb, jake, and their mother were acting. their inventory was nearly non-existent, customer service was horse crap, and they were still all smiles among themselves. while i was in there for 15 minutes, i witnessed several potential customers come in and then walk out with a pissed off look on their face. they were outright ignored and the idiots behind the counter didn't seem to care.

something tells me they're getting ready to ditch town. something also tells me they'll end up on the local news and we'll all come to learn just what was REALLY going on. i honestly think when their store was broken into, that it was an inside job. they cashed in on the insurance money and left everybody else high and dry. it was either zeb or jake who went from complaining to a mutual friend of mine he was flat broke to suddenly being able to afford a brand new (at the time) $30,000 pick-up truck. people like zeb, jake, and their parents deserve no mercy.

I am very grateful that I decided not to use them for FFL service. When I called them they didn't seem all that interested, so I found a local guy that is AWESOME.

Good luck, fellas - terrible situation. I hope they can/will make it right.

Last that I saw of Jake he was driving a new or newish shiny Red 4door Jeep SUV.
He said he had to get a job at a plumbing supply in Oregon just to make ends meet.
He also said they were going to open their doors for business on the following Monday.
That was three weeks ago.

Ok, here is the scoop as of today:

A fellow concerned party told me that the eviction is set to take place this THURSDAY the 28th at 1pm.

I called Gale at the Clark County Sheriff's office civil department and she confirmed it. So it's real. Everyone be there. I will be.

With the date set it would not suprise me if the Hosmans raided their own store and further emptied their shelves sometime in the middle of the night between now and the 28.
I for one will be running by the store through out the night for the next few nights to see if their is any midnight to 6:00 am action.
Anyone else who wants to do shift work with me just PM

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads