JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Jeez I hate that cannary grass, I have wire grass as well, it will over run a pasture and your animals will starve to death surrounded by green "grass"! Gotta burn it off this fall!
I put a garden in the chicken yard this spring (feeding 4 chickens cost more than store bought eggs and meat combined) Chicken yard looked tragic, compacted soil etc. I roto tilled the soil and planted a number of veggies.
What I did not plant was melons, sunflowers and other odd ducks that popped-up like crazy! Seeds passed by chickens and buried in the "mud"!
Growing like crazy!

Jeez I hate that cannary grass, I have wire grass as well,

You have to get it killed out before it seeds. I sprayed it the other day and now I have been going down there and clipping the seed heads off and putting them in a bag and put them on the burn pile. Canary grass has a real high seed count per ounce, and if I can get the seed heads off before they drop seed I am way ahead on it next spring. I have enough trouble with it coming in on the flood, letting my own reseed seems pretty stupid. Should have got it sprayed before it headed out.

Canned 12 pints of spicy, sweet pickle chips today. Will do 12-18 quarts of spicy, kosher style dills tomorrow. We're planning on doing pickled green beans and some jams too!

Showed a family friend how to deep clean and lightly lube her Ruger SP101 yesterday. Dang that's a nice little revolver, I helped her buy it. I'm her firearms/prepper guru!

Cleaning up 3 years of neglect in my machine shed this year. I go out and work for 2 hours every morning before it heats up. I am making progress. I found I have enough canning jars to last my lifetime. I have 8, 5 gallon propane tanks to start filling. I have 4 double air mattress's. 80 pounds of pasture grass seed. A bunch of stuff to sell or save for possible barter. Seeing that stuff in one pile is a good feeling, and not even close to being done.

Canned 12qts of whole dills and 18pts of chunk dills, both spicy kosher style! Yum!
Went down to Fishermans Marine and did a hands on with a Ruger SR22 (raspberry no less) for my granddaughter. I've already bought two pistols for her, a Kahr P-9 and a Sig Mosquito but they aren't perfect for her, that little Ruger will be. Great SA trigger, perfect size. How this fits a preparedness thread? I expect her to be able to protect me someday! :D

Thurs. AM, went out to NW Armoury and bought an SR22 today.

Last Edited:
Located 2 more brand new double air mattress's in the shed. Found one dutch oven and 2 canning pots. Pulled up 12 basil plants and hung them to dry. Hopefully get a couple ounces for putting on sour dough cheese bread this winter. Consolidated my wood handle tools in one area, sand and varnish them next week. Still have the pitchfork my old man made me shovel cow s*** with 45 years ago.

Processed 12 of my 18 chickens today at oh dark thirty.My plucker didn't quite work as had hoped.
Left the eggs from today be.We'll see how good a rooster my Polish banty is.
I'm hoping the eggs will hatch before it gets too cold.20 days right?

Moved closer to work, finally! Hate moving but now I am 10 minutes from work. Our landform is surrounded by salt water so most likely will bug in. Landlord lives about a quarter mile away . Don't no his politics but will cross that bridge later. We have a great yard, deer fenced already and several raised beds so we can raise much of what we'd need to survive if shtf. Pretty rural and small population that the landform could support if cooperative. Much better situation than a week ago.

Brutus out

I just ordered a lock pick set to have on my person for escape and evade. Hopefully it actually makes it to me over here. Would be nice to have but hope I never have to use it for its intended purpose.

I finally found some .22wmr, which in its self is a huge score; I also was able to talk my wife into going with me and bought 300 rounds for the rabbit rifle.

(Yes, I left a few boxes for others and even posted where to find them and some .17's)

I finally got all the wood off the big truck, now I have to stack it. Have about one cord stacked, and about another cord left to stack. Now I can move the truck and get some more wood out of the forest.

Took my daughter to REI today and got her some waterproof hiking/walking shoes for her to put in her car in case it breaks down - along with her GHB.

I got myself another pair of hiking boots - lightest pair so far (I have two other pair, one for fall/winter, another more insulated for cold winter) for summer, and a WP pair of hiking/walking shoes - probably keep those in the car and put the boots in one of the trucks.

Scored some 22 mag.

photo(3).JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top